Zumba helped me lose 120lbs

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Gina, just wanted to share a success story. I started doing Zumba back in October of 2010 and was weighing 260lbs+ and I now weigh 140lbs. My ending goal is to weigh 130, so I am ALMOST there. I'm really trying to hit it hard and get to that goal weight by the end of the month. THE ONLY Exercise I have done is ZUMBA, so for anyone out there that is looking to find a FUN way to work out... I HIGHLY recommend trying out zumba.

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Monster CONGRATULATIONS to you! That's fantastic!

Do you happen to have any before and after pics you'd like to share?
  • GinaMonique5
    Options
    I do have before and after pictures... many actually. Do you have instagram? You can view my public pictures if you'd like. "ginaz_pix4u2c" is my username.
  • GeorginaRuth
    Options
    That is so awesome to hear, I have Zumba and have only used it a few times. I think I will dust it off and give it another try now.
  • togainistolose
    Options
    how do you get zumba or any beachbody exercise like hiphopabs type into the exercise place, new to the site
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    This is great to hear! Congrats! I am currently doing 2 zumba classes a week and I love it! I hope I can have some success with weight loss too.
  • Mechelle1967
    Mechelle1967 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love doing Zumba and try to go at least 3 times a week. As far as getting it added to exercise, it seems the best way it to get a heart rate monitor and calculate calories burned that way because it is different for everyone. There is also a website called "caloriesburnedhq" that can help give you an approximate calculation for calories burned.
  • Mechelle1967
    Mechelle1967 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Gina, just wanted to share a success story. I started doing Zumba back in October of 2010 and was weighing 260lbs+ and I now weigh 140lbs. My ending goal is to weigh 130, so I am ALMOST there. I'm really trying to hit it hard and get to that goal weight by the end of the month. THE ONLY Exercise I have done is ZUMBA, so for anyone out there that is looking to find a FUN way to work out... I HIGHLY recommend trying out zumba.

Congrats on your success!
  • Wthompson1215
    Wthompson1215 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!!!
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    wow, always wanted to try zumba. Only tried aqua zumba so far as I have two left feet and at least in the pool folk cant see your feet going all over the shop!
    Get some before and after pics on here, you have done great!
  • GinaMonique5
    Options
    This is the first time I have used the message boards. Kinda new to this community stuff. How do I post pictures on here? Thanks in advance for the help...
  • GinaMonique5
    Options
    That's awesome. I am currently calculating the calories burned with my Polar Heart Rate Monitor. I LOVE IT! I don't ever wanna do a cardio(ZUMBA) class without it! lol.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! down 80 pounds, I :heart: zumba!
  • Tigiface
    Tigiface Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love it also! I go to a class once a week and I have the wii zumba that I do at home. I do other exercises as well, but I really love Zumba. Glad it has worked for you and you enjoy it so much.:smile:
  • GinaMonique5
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive feedback! I wish I knew how to post before and after pictures on here. You can view my public pictures on my instragm account. My user name is "Ginaz_pix4u2c"
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    That is wonderful. I wish I could say the same. I have been doing zumba for over 4 years now 4-5 times a week and not lost a lot of weight. But I'm here and counting every cal. so I'm sure it will work. I love zumba, its a lot of fun!
  • alikusky
    Options
    I started doing Zumba a few months ago and I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that my knees have started hurting. Zumba is pretty hard on the knees... we do a Zumba Remix most of the time, which is more hip-hop and high intensity, but I AM NOT STOPPING b/c of my knees! LOL. Has anyone else had similar problems and what you have done about it? I have started taking calcium (which I should have been doing in the first place!), use a Bengay-type cream, and take it easy during the high intensity parts. I go anywhere from 2-4 times a week.
  • JenJackson31
    JenJackson31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As an ex-zumba instructor this is great to hear, well done you! I only stopped teaching as I was 24 weeks pregnant but I totally loved it and still support it as being a brilliant way to exercise, particularly for all ages and fitness levels. It doesn't matter if you have 2 left feet or no rhythm, the whole point is to get people moving and having fun. I actually gained weight through teaching zumba, but my clothes fitted me much better and I became really toned, particularly around the core. The DVDs are great if you hate the idea of doing group exercise, but the atmosphere of a class is hard to beat. My classes ranged from 16 year olds to 70 years, all doing it at their own pace and instensity level. Defo one for folks who hate the seriousness of a gym or regular classes and who want to have fun while exercising.