Chose Popcorn instead!

Options
This is my first week using myfitnesspal. I am very hungry today. There are peanut butter cookies in the office kitchen and I chose 100 calorie popcorn instead. Just needed to pat myself on the back. Don't know if I would have been this strong if I didn't have to enter it into the computer. Sometimes those little calories pack a punch when you pretend they didn't happen.

Replies

• fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    great job! it makes a difference for sure when you're having to be accountable for what you're consuming. my go-to lately has been greek yogurt. also, sometimes i find that eating something like carrots and celery that require a ton of chewing helps as well. not too many calories, so you can chomp on quite a few before they add up. :smile:
  • arzac00
    arzac00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I do like greek yogurt, except for the price.
  • Thatonegal
    Thatonegal Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm also a huge fan of carrots for a crunch snack. Congrats on resisting the cookies! Cookies are my second greatest weekness.
  • alwayswndrng
    alwayswndrng Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday our office has wonderfully delicious high caloric sweets/foods during our team meetings. I bring my cereal to the meeting with my coffee and water. Drinking through the meeting keeps my mind off the foods. I sit at the end of the table furthest away from the food. I also look the other way when I need to get to my seat. I have done this for months and so far so good ... It makes me feel better when people praise me for sticking to my cereal or make fun of me for my cereal as they are stuffing their faces :)
  • arzac00
    arzac00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sometime people sure do want someone to fail. Like resisting yummy foods for our health is such a silly concept.