halfway thru my journey 83lbs lost..with pics

:happy:

Hello, all of you wonderful people at myfitnesspal. I wanted to share my success so far with everyone. I also wanted to thank all of my friends here. You all have inspired me, and have kept me motivated. Without you I am not sure if I would be this far in my journey and new lifestyle. Also, I would like to thank myfitnesspal with this wonderful website that helps all of us motivate each other and get fit. I started my journey January 21, 2012 weighing in at a whopping 356lbs. Today I weigh 273 lbs and I have lost 83 lbs to date. I am halfway to 190lbs that I hope to be in February. I wanted to get healthy for myself and my family. I was on a one way path to an early death. I would get up in the morning with little sleep because I snored all night. Probably sleep apnea too, but I never went to be diagnosed. I would sit up in bed and have to wait 5 minutes before I could put weight on my knees. I woke up every morning with knee and back pain. Exercise early on was hard, but I pushed myself thru walking miles at local parks. At 356lbs that is all I could do. At that point, I hadn't become a member at a local gym. In May, I started going to the gym. I can usually be found there 6 days a week for about 2 hours. Sometimes I go twice. I love the gym and I do not understand why i stopped going after i left the Army in 1999. Last night I signed up for the Super Spartan Race held in Miami in February. A Super Spartan is 8+miles and 15 obstacles opposed to the Spartan Sprit which is usually a 5k and 15 or so obstacles. I have 7 months to train, and I will be competing in this race at my fighting weight of 190lbs. Send me a friend request. We can help each other to achieve our goals. My friend Bobby always said, "Keep Punching! All Is Possible!" Yes sir, I believe. Thank you!! One day at a time!!

scaled.php?server=840&filename=halfwayx.jpg&res=landing

Replies