Headphones!

concerto3
concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
What does everyone use or recommend? What would you definitely NOT recommend?

(Mainly looking for ear buds to work with my shuffle & my HTC. But post about whichever ones you love!)

Replies

• NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    I'm a weirdo. I hate ear buds. They rarely stay in during my workouts. I like getting hearphones that wrap around my ears.
    http://www.soundfood.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/sony-headphones-1.jpg
    Love them!
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    When working out I prefer the ones that have a hook around the ear, almost like glasses do but these sorta clamp on. I hate ear buds cause they start to hurt my ear after a bit, I have yet to find any that are comfortable and will stay in.

41SQE9E0FFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Ultimate Ears makes some good stuff, I had their cheap stuff that ran about $50.00, Metro Fi 170 and I thought they were excellent. Prior to that I had bought some higher end stuff ranging aroudn $150-200, I found out that the higher end stuff is way better but only if you are sitting there while traveling or just enjoying some tunes. But while working out, it's hard to discern the quality because of all the movement.
  • brun73
    brun73 Posts: 40 Member
    I have a pair of Nike earbuds that hook around your ear and I love them, no problems at all with them. Plus I got them for $10 on ebay so that made it even better!!
  • lilylover2012
    lilylover2012 Posts: 39 Member
    I was never a big fan of earbuds either BUT after old headphones went up, I went to Walmart and found a pair for $10 or $15 with memory foam. It literally molds to the shape of your ear so you don't get that uncomfortable feeling and you can just squish them back to shape whenever you feel like it to kind of reset them. I would recommend them to anyone. I don't remember the brand but just look for the memory foam/ comfort foam.
  • Beats by dre....love the earbuds when I'm on the bike path and the headphones while I'm at work.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    I was never a big fan of earbuds either BUT after old headphones went up, I went to Walmart and found a pair for $10 or $15 with memory foam. It literally molds to the shape of your ear so you don't get that uncomfortable feeling and you can just squish them back to shape whenever you feel like it to kind of reset them. I would recommend them to anyone. I don't remember the brand but just look for the memory foam/ comfort foam.

Now I'm thinking that you're walking around with these:

1pf5o2.jpg
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    My bf swears by these bluetooth headphones:
    http://www.n1wireless.com/Bluetooth_Stereo_Headset-Motorola_S10HD_Bluetooth_Stereo_Headphones-_89439N.html?gclid=CIvgmvWH77ECFSdgMgodeyYALg

I found some wireless ear buds on a deal site - Zonda brand - and I use them religiously. I will never go back to plugging a cord into my iPhone to listen music while working out!! Being able to use the headphones to skip to the next song and adjust volume without touching my phone is awesome.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    I only use the big head phones. My ears hurt after 5 min of ear buds
  • timaeus_drache
    timaeus_drache Posts: 104 Member
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    I like Skull Candy or Dr Dre.
  • Bose IE2

Yes, like all Bose stuff, they are a little pricey ($99). However, they are so worth it. I went through many pair of $15 headphones. They would not last (I am rough on headphones), they were not comfortable, the sound quality was poor, or they would not stay in while working out/getting sweaty.

The IE2's have an ingenious design. They are so soft and comfy you don't even feel them. They NEVER fall out. They are Bose, so the sound quality is fantastic. I have had mine almost a year, and they are still as good as new. The cheap ones would usually last 3 months or so for me.