I NEED A WEIGHT LOSS BUDDY

Options
Hi- I always do better on the buddy system and am looking for someone else who is would like to keep in touch daily about both of our progress. I'm sure that is the point of this entire site.... but I really like the motivation involved in a personal pal :) I'm 27 super busy Mother of 2 (still lots of loose yucky baby weight- BLA!). I want to lose around 30 lbs in total. Can't seem to find the tools I need to lose weight... I honestly don't even know where to look or what those tools are. I just know that everything I've been doing (or haven't been doing ) over the past 9 years are not it!! I want to change and I want to change NOW!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard you will get lots of support and motivation from this site ... wishing you much success in your weight loss journey
  • magloclen
    Options
    Hello, I am on my second week of counting calories and have lost 6 pounds. I have 30 to lose. This has been very easy. I need a buddy too!:smile:
  • pbord30
    Options
    Hello Im also new here 4th day doing pretty good!!! I can not wait to weight in Monday morning :)
  • LCB12
    LCB12 Posts: 23
    Options
    I would like a weightloss buddy too:bigsmile: It makes this journey alot easier and fun... feel free to add me!
  • sherry155
    Options
    My first day on board here at this web sight, needing a buddy also.. I've been trying to do it alone but keep going backwards.I am a 41 yo married women with 3 children ages 15, 2, and 4month old (yeah call me crazy) Life is good but very busy... I am fortunate that I work at a hospital that provides a gym so I can work out on my lunch break (since there is no way I'd have time at home).
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm 45 mom of 3 (11, 9 and 3) I need to lose 68 lbs! I'd love to be your (and everybody else's) buddy!! This is day 2 on this site and I love it!!

Sherry
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm in. The more buddies I have the better. It keeps me motivated and honest. :wink:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I need a friend tooo! lol today is my 1st day.
  • checker
    Options
    Hello, I have been on this site for sometime and only manage to loose when I absolutely need to. Example....right before a race or before I go on vacation. I tend to keep going back to the same weight. Everyone says that is my normal weight then, I say not because I love to eat at night! I know that there is others that do as well. How do you stop that? Sounds silly coming from an educated woman, but I still have difficulties. I need to loose 10-15 pounds. In the past, I was very overwieght and lost 50 pounds. I have kept that off, just the last 10-15 pounds always return. I love to run and go to the gym, I am fit-just ran my first 1/2 marathon in Nov. and will begin training for my next one in April. I am a 44 year old mother on one, a son, and very busy work schedule. Congrats to those who are acheiving their goal!
    Any suggestions will really help!
    I need a buddy!!!! ;-)
  • sherry155
    Options
    buttonboutique, My name is Sherry too and I will be 45 when my Sarah is 3yo. I want to lose 35lbs... wish me luck everyone and good luck to you!!
  • haleysman
    Options
    Hello, I have been on this site for sometime and only manage to loose when I absolutely need to. Example....right before a race or before I go on vacation. I tend to keep going back to the same weight. Everyone says that is my normal weight then, I say not because I love to eat at night! I know that there is others that do as well. How do you stop that? Sounds silly coming from an educated woman, but I still have difficulties. I need to loose 10-15 pounds. In the past, I was very overwieght and lost 50 pounds. I have kept that off, just the last 10-15 pounds always return. I love to run and go to the gym, I am fit-just ran my first 1/2 marathon in Nov. and will begin training for my next one in April. I am a 44 year old mother on one, a son, and very busy work schedule. Congrats to those who are acheiving their goal!
    Any suggestions will really help!
    I need a buddy!!!! ;-)

i have found that a nice tall glass of ice water works, i think the cold shrinks up your stomach so you feel full, not to mention all the liquid...also saw on biggest loser last night extra sf gum has only 5 calories, so i checked my gum supply and so does orbit, apparently the chewing and saliva generating fools your body into thinking it ate and thus you lose the craving, goint to try that with my ice water and see how it works
  • m0m2three
    Options
    Hello everyone. Yesterday was exacly one week using this site for me & I have lost 9.5 lbs. I'm lovin' this site & lovin' all the encouragment. I think it would be great to have a buddy system so feel free to add me if you would like. Thanks for making us newbies feel welcome & thanks for sharing your success, it is so very encouraging. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    Hi you guys and welcome to MFP....the greatest site in the world :smile:
    I belong to an incredible support group and would like to extend an invitation for you to come join us on our weight loss journey.

Right now our team is gearing up for 3 deadlines in which we have all posted a specific weight we want to be at on those dates. We have Valentines day, St Patrick's and Easter as those first 3 markers of the new year.
    Weigh in is every Monday (accountability) where Allie takes a roll call and then posts all our stats....yep, it's an eye opener but so what. We are all here to help each other and kick our butt's in to fifth gear for 2010.
    We also throw down weekly challenges, share incredible healthy recipes and overall have a really FUN time getting to know eachother.
    So....if you feel like steppin up to a challenge, come join us.:flowerforyou:
    You can find us under Motivation and Support, the name of our thread is The 3 part challenge.
    Browse through our pages and see if this is the group for you....if not, there are lots others where you can join.
    I applaude you all for taking the first step...good luck!!!
    Shredder
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've been involved in the fitness "world" for about 3 years now, as a personal trainer & a fitness coach. Having buddies is a great way to help keep each other accountable and motivated.

Just a few things...diet alone is not going to get the results you want. You must add in strength training & cardio, along with nutrition. You MUST eat breakfast, pick healthy choices, eat 5-6 times a day (small meals), never go more than 3 hrs. w/out eating something and stop eating at least 3 hrs. before you go to bed at night. Drink at least 64 oz. of water every day.

With that said, I stil struggle in these areas and could use buddies also! :-) We're all a work in progress and this is a lifestyle change for us, not a diet...this should be for life. So when/if we fall off the wagon, it's ok. Don't beat yourself up, just get right back on the wagon again as soon as possible and go on. Fitness can be fun! It doesn't have to be something we dread. I love working out and I use fitness DVD's at home. I work out in my basement w/my hubby!

We can do this and it looks like a great group here!
  • checker
    Options
    Hello there everyone. I started yesterday monitoring the food and exercise. I up my gym routine a bit, however, still had the night cravings! UH! I enjoy reading everyone's blog............Good Luck to all!!
  • christi_counts
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new here too. Joined dec '09. Looking to lose 60 pounds total. But, would really like to get under 200 for my first goal!
    I joined a gym two weeks ago. Been going three times a week. This week I will go four times and see if that helps. I always crave a Ice Cold Beer and a cigarette after I work out!

So what do you crave??

Feel free to add me!

Good Luck to ALL!!

~Christi
  • checker
    Options
    Thank you for the information! I thought about the water, but during the cold months it is difficult......so I will try room temperature and some extra gum! I love the biggest looser and I snack on gum throughout the day, but did not consider it at night!
    Have a great day!