Weight and Sexual Inhibition

Options
3 months and 18.5lbs down I guess that is roughly 6lbs a months. I feel like its creeping along, but I am enjoying the journey and loving My MF Pals, they're the greatest!!! 33.5 lbs to goal, if I keep at this pace thats about 5 and half months, so its looking like I will be at my "sexy" weight (160) by January.lol. Im hoping I can pick up the pace, however, because Vickie's is calling my name, and so is the boudoir photo shoot I plan on rewarding myself with for reaching my goal :-). I also want to take a pole dancing class.lol....I just realized that all my rewards are sexy/sexual in nature. Has my weight been inhibiting me? Hmmmmm,... Interesting revelation.

Replies

• HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    You're feeling better about yourself and more confident with your body and want to show it off. My sex life with my husband has gotten a million times better since I started MFP because I feel sexy now.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've found the fitter I get the higher my sex drive becomes. I agree with you on the whole "weight inhibiting sexuality" I know it certainly has for me and I have some very big plans once I get my body to where I want. Especially since I was married for all of my 20's and missed out on so many fun sexy times.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Perhaps...

Maybe it's your sexy/adventurous side finally being set free. I know I feel like that every time I finish a workout. I feel sexy and grawr!...even when I'm dripping with sweat. I know it's the endorphins kicking in
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I know for men, testosterone gets trapped by the fat cells which means less fuel for your fire. The more fit and active you become, the more blood gets pumped everywhere and your body creates more testosterone, but more importantly, less fat means less storage for testosterone and it goes where it needs to go. RIIIGHT into your libido.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You're feeling better about yourself and more confident with your body and want to show it off. My sex life with my husband has gotten a million times better since I started MFP because I feel sexy now.

Definitely more confident :-)
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Perhaps...

Maybe it's your sexy/adventurous side finally being set free. I know I feel like that every time I finish a workout. I feel sexy and grawr!...even when I'm dripping with sweat. I know it's the endorphins kicking in

Lol. She(Inner Freak.lol) has been trapped under all this fat. since losing a few pounds I think she is starting to see the light.lol
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I know for men, testosterone gets trapped by the fat cells which means less fuel for your fire. The more fit and active you become, the more blood gets pumped everywhere and your body creates more testosterone, but more importantly, less fat means less storage for testosterone and it goes where it needs to go. RIIIGHT into your libido.

Showing to my hubs.. Motivation for him maybe???? LOL
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I don't kiss and tell BUT let's just say that since I've gotten into better shape, my hubby walks around with a *kitten*-eating grin on his face most days. Yay for sexytimes!! :wink:
  • Curvimami
    Options

Lol. hope it helps :wink:
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    There's no doubt, when you feel better about your physical appearance, you feel more confident in the bedroom. Hands down. My drive stays pretty revved up from regular exercise... My husband notices a HUGE difference in my mood when I'm not hitting the gym like I usually do, lol. It's a great feeling to feel sexy!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

Lol. hope it helps :wink:

Thats why I do it, and I am noticing a difference too.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My weight never inhibited me, I guess since I knew my husband was still attracted to me. But my sex drive certainly increased when he started lifting heavy again...$#!@ muscles are sexy!!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    It's a wonderful cycle. You start working out and eating right. The endorphines kick in and you start feeling good about yourself. You exhibit more self-confidence. Others notice this new self-confidence and pay attention. You feel better about the attention, which makes you want to work out and eat right even more. :happy:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My husband never made me feel bad about the way I looked, and when we split I really didn't realize how much weight I had put on. I was way more comfortable taking it all off then than I am now for some reason. I'm getting more attention now, which makes me feel good, so maybe when I actually have time to date I'll wanna take it all off for someone again. :bigsmile:
  • Curvimami
    Options
    It's a wonderful cycle. You start working out and eating right. The endorphines kick in and you start feeling good about yourself. You exhibit more self-confidence. Others notice this new self-confidence and pay attention. You feel better about the attention, which makes you want to work out and eat right even more. :happy:

Its an awesome cycle. I pray I never fall off this amazing sexy ride!! lol. :smokin:
  • Joethebull
    Options
    My sex drive normally does go up when I start eating right and work out more. But that is usually a problem for me since the increase of sexual frustration usually leads to heavy soda drinking. Odds are you won't have to deal with the same effects so keep up the good work.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    My sex drive normally does go up when I start eating right and work out more. But that is usually a problem for me since the increase of sexual frustration usually leads to heavy soda drinking. Odds are you won't have to deal with the same effects so keep up the good work.

Hmmmm, I guess it can also be a vicious cycle as well. :grumble:
  • foxymoxeyxo
    foxymoxeyxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one... But I think I may be a little extreme, lol. Ever since I've started losing weight I have a habit of looking at myself in the mirror while I'm in my undies & listening to a lot more Beyonce. Maybe it's just ore confidence? I'm not sure how this will work out when I go back to campus next week & go back to sharing a room lmao
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    It's the confidence.
    Last year when I dropped 25lbs (of course gained it back, UGH) I felt sexier and therefore wanted to either have more or I looked at myself more. haha. Of course, my boyfriend at that time was like "um, no, not today baby." haha.

It's definitely the confidence and it is one thing I am VERY VERY excited about getting back. My drive is high now, I can't wwait for what it will be!
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one... But I think I may be a little extreme, lol. Ever since I've started losing weight I have a habit of looking at myself in the mirror while I'm in my undies & listening to a lot more Beyonce. Maybe it's just ore confidence? I'm not sure how this will work out when I go back to campus next week & go back to sharing a room lmao

Lol. You are definitely feeling more confident and loving the skin you're in. That is a great feeling. Cant wait til I want to walk/dance around in my undies.lol :bigsmile: