Hungry

Options
Does anyone have any tips on getting not to feel hungry all the time.

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Start with small changes. At first, maybe count calories, but don't stop eating just because you are at goal, but instead of *insert favorite food here* swap it for some raw veggies. Add 10 minutes of walking. Each week keep getting closer to your calorie goal and you won't shock your body so much. I started over so many times because I couldn't make it past that initial hunger.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Protein. You have to eat enough protein and fat. Those will saite you more then carbs will. Weriously do not be afraid to go well over 120 or more everyday.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    It is hard at first but i found once i got through the first week or so my appetite just wasn't as big and i was satisfied with less food. A case of hanging in there and waiting for your body to get used to the changes. It will happen!
  • bozied
    bozied Posts: 2
    Options
    Definitely what vim posted wrote. Also water helps. Drink a lot of water in between meals and snacks.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    if you are feeling hungry, drink water. Sometimes we can misconstrue those feelings of hunger when we are really thirsty instead.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I drink ice tea with stevia. The flavored ones are nice. Also what everyone else said. Protein, good fats, and water. And then more water. :drinker:
  • josephlackey
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback,and congrats on your weight lose.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber.
    Break your meals into 4-5 smaller meals
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Lose weight and keep it off so you won't have to diet anymore.

Lean protein and vegetables with water works best. You need to cut back on the processed foods. It's ok to have McDonald's here and there, but it's not going to fill you up.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    when i am hungry i EAT. ARFarfARFARAFARFarfarfarf!
  • josephlackey
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.I'll definitely.Try to eat 5 small meals a day.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I do not mean to alarm you, OP, but ... look behind you. :indifferent:
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Lose weight and keep it off so you won't have to diet anymore.

Lean protein and vegetables with water works best. You need to cut back on the processed foods. It's ok to have McDonald's here and there, but it's not going to fill you up.

this!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I do not mean to alarm you, OP, but ... look behind you. :indifferent:

I just burst out laughing.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water when you start feeling hungry.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you are eating some very calorie dense foods. Add a couple cups of vegetables to every meal without adding a ton of calories. Instead of that syrup, for instance? Maybe replace it with a cup of applesauce. Swaps like that give you more calories you can use to eat more food. You'll get the hang of. Just keep going. Best of luck. :flowerforyou:
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Make better diet choices! I made a HUGE breakfast burrito with 2 egg whites, sausage, cheese, potatoes, and a tortilla. It came out to be around 250 calories and again was so huge it was falling out of the tortilla. And If I used hot sauce instead of cheese it would have been lower in calories. You blew 900 calories on potato salad!!! You need to get cooking and figure out some ways to make low calorie foods that you enjoy!
  • Chrisremi12
    Options
    WATER and MORE WATER with healthy snack through out the day ! :)
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating the right kind of calories. Protein, healthy fats, whole grains, fruits and veggies help keep you satisfied. Drink plenty of water and if you're still hungry - eat! Seriously. Your body doesn't know anything about your weight loss goals. It just wants fed. You can eat healthy still.
  • mlandrethsf
    mlandrethsf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Joe,
    That was a big issue for me as well. I genuinely believed that I was someone who could not diet, until I went to a weight loss club. The pounds fell off, little by little each week...all without suffering hunger pangs. It was incredible. One thing they taught me was to eat smaller meals, but more frequently. That will keep your blood sugar more stable throughout the day. Also, if you choose foods that are high in fiber, you will get that 'full' feeling. If you are very determined, try reducing your intake of refined (white) sugar. It hides in many foods and spikes your insulin like you wouldnt believe. Its creates a downward spiral in your body that continually makes you hungry.
    Small meals was the key for me. I can now diet without suffering.

Great Read: This is why your fat (and how to get thin forever) by Jackie Warner. Horrible title, priceless information that talks about the way our brain and body interact with the different types of food we eat. Its not just about how much you eat; its about what you eat as well.

I have lost 20lbs and it was thanks to what Jenny Craig taught me and my continued education with books like Jackies. I have 15 more until I'm in my best shape. With what I am continuing to learn about nutrition, I hope I can get there soon!

Best of luck to you.