When did u start noticing

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It took me personally about 50lbs to notice any change in my appearance. Coworkers/family/friends noticed at 20lbs, though.
  • Drawing_a_Blank
    Drawing_a_Blank Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I could get my jeans off without unbuttoning them. Then I happened to look down one day and noticed that I could see my feet without bending over. It had been a looooong time since that had happened.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 30lbs....Everyone started to notice after I'd lost the first 10....for me I could tell a big difference in the way clothes fit after I'd lost 15 - 20....now I'm waiting for magic after I lose this last 10 :)
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I notice that I'm toning up a bit now - but I take measurements so that helps. I can't always see my progress so the measuring tape helps.
  • twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I havent noticed yet at 27lbs lost. I guess it all depends on how you carry your weight and where you are losing it. Taking monthly measurements should help.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    when i turned off the lights.
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    About 20 lbs for me. Most the time I still look like the same fat girl to myself in the mirror, but the other day I found some old pictures of myself . . . Yikes! How on earth did I get that fat and not notice it? The curse of having been a skinny girl. The things I let myself get away with thinking my skinny girl metabolism would take care of it for me. Doesn't really work that way, especially after having kids. I only have 17 lbs to go to get to my goal, and I look at myself and see a lot more than 17 lbs that needs to go. =(
  • ks5392
    ks5392 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You notice more in your clothes and how they fit more than anything else.

Even me, who every time I go see my aunt, she always tells me how good I look, but I don't see it and if anything feel even bigger than before.

But keep in mind as well how you wash your clothes. I always toss everything in one load on warm/hot so they shrink. Plus, if you have pants that stretch, they will keep stretching out until you wash them, then they will shrink more than they stretched.

But for women as well, check your bra. I have the hardest time losing weight/size in my breasts, but once I do, I know I'm on the right track!

Keep at it! It only gets easier after a while. Be your own motivation, that way you won't have to depend on anyone else and you can just keep going until you're happy.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I started noticing at 15lbs -- my waist got smaller. But my legs & butt stayed the same, so my pants still fit (mostly).

The strange thing is, I lost 25 lbs. but then gained back 2 lbs when I got sick (so I'm down 23 lbs) -- and here's the crazy thing -- I feel like I've gained it all back. Even though I know it was a minor setback, I still can't shake that 'everything is undone' feeling. Weird.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I took a picture when I was down 30lbs and I remember being so discouraged because I thought I would've looked a lot smaller but I could barely tell at all.
    I was working out and I felt so good and much healthier on the inside and when the outside didnt reflect how my inside felt it was disheartening but I kept at it and finally the two met up.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I really didn't lose much, but I already notice that my clothes are looser around the thigh area. Also when my calves touch, it's muscle. Really weird feeling.

I started this whole thing in May, and in the middle of June I noticed that my usually tighter clothes were more comfortable. Thank you running/pilates!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I noticed about 25lbs in when I could see my dimples in pictures again, lol! And my eyes didn't look so squinty. I'm at 44lbs down now, and can wear smaller clothes, which is awesome, but I do still have about another 65 to go :/
  • amateurdude
    amateurdude Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Never do really.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Around 14-15 lbs loss.
  • burnsire
    burnsire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Around 15 lbs down.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    when my pants were falling down. No change in the scale... but lost 5 dress sizes... and then it was... holy crap! ABS!
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I now have a neck... and I dont' recognize my hands in photos anymore
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I notice it in the bath - my thighs are a different shape. Narrower and higher, with muscle giving them more of a shape.
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I could look down and see my flacid c**k again.

:laugh:
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice at first, my coworkers did. It has been 7 weeks now that I started losing weight and am down 39 pounds!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!