Post Workout Meals?

Options
I need some ideas for post workout meals! I don't eat beef or pork, and I try to stay gluten-free. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    you don't have to eat anything special
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i like a protein fruit smoothie. two scoops of vanilla protein powder, 8 ounces of juice, handful of frozen berries, and throw it in the blender. i have it within an hour of working out to avoid the EAT ALL THE THINGS feeling i get two hours after working out.

but firebrand is right, nothing special.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    i would recommend food.
  • thephysiquemechanic
    thephysiquemechanic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My post workout is brown rice and a can of low sodium solid white albacore tuna in water. Its like the perfect meal
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Eggs (mostly the whites. Add one yolk), turkey bacon, boneless skinless chicken breast, tuna, organic peanut butter, plain Greek yogurt with berries and wheat germ, protein shakes, low fat or non fat cheese, skim or low fat milk, quinoa style oatmeal ( no oats since you said gluten free. I think quinoa has none...not sure lol), salmon, tilapia...

Some ideas?
  • thephysiquemechanic
    thephysiquemechanic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ill Agree with the above post minus the peanut butter. You dont want fats post workout right away as it will slow the digestion of the protiens to the muscles. Have the peanut butter PRE-workout
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Usually a banana, or some greek yogurt.