CLA

Options
Does anyone use the vitamin supplement CLA? What's your opinion of it?

Replies

• Positive_Energy73
    Positive_Energy73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am a user of CLA and I like it. I noticed that the supplement helped shrink my belly but other than that I haven't noticed much else.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Well it's been shown to be pretty effective in rodents, but i haven't seen much to support it's use with humans, infact human studies show a few unwanted side affects most notably increasing insulin resistance,

The benefits will not merit the cost IMO.

see post no. 4.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112301601&page=1

none of these studies show any positive effects on body composition either,

Most people would be better of supplementing with Omega 3 instead, which most of us do not get enough of.
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That's what I am hearing about it which is what I was hoping for. Any side effects?
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well it's been shown to be pretty effective in rodents, but i haven't seen much to support it's use with humans, infact human studies show a few unwanted side affects most notably increasing insulin resistance,

The benefits will not merit the cost IMO.

see post no. 4.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112301601&page=1

Most people would be better of supplementing with Omega 3 instead, which most of us do not get enough of.

Thanks for directing me to this. :)
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    I use it and have found it effective in keeping BF down during a period of bulking which Im doing right now. I'm keen to see how effective it is when I go back down to a deficit in the coming weeks. I've been on it for 3 months.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've read several articles on this and so far it's been 50/50 on the pros vs the cons. I've been on the diet roller coaster for years so I figure, what the hell, I'm going to give this a try.
  • maryhadalamb17
    Options
    I've been taking Tonalin CLA (Webber Naturals) since Aug 9. 2 caps per meal. I'm seeing the pounds coming off this week.

In July, I was on 1000 calorie diet with 2 mile run in 35 minutes (or less but as long as it's 2 miles) 6 days a week, and also yoga 5 days a week. My weight was ping-ponging between 138-140lbs, but this week, it's 136. Not sure if it's entirely CLA's doing though because previously, I sometimes would eat back my exercised calories. This month, I am trying not to and stay under 1000 cal, though this past week I was eating around 1200. But I feel like it is helping.

One side effect that I've noticed is the constipation. :(
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It gave me kidney pain like no other....
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The only proven for CLA is being an anticancer. There is no proven benefit for weight-loss.

There is no Magic pills for weight-loss.

I use CLA purely based on the cancer history in my family.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I thought Dr. Oz was about brown fat today?
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am a user of CLA and I like it. I noticed that the supplement helped shrink my belly but other than that I haven't noticed much else.

I lol'd
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I use a womens active vitamin pack from gnc and there is one in the packet. Can't complain but I eat healthy like 98% of the time. went out for mother's day and spluged on pizza and cake at the end of july for my sons birthday. the pounds and inches are coming off.