Activity level

I recently started another job as a breakfast attendant at a hotel. I am on my feet the entire time, and walking most of that...definitely not intensive, but in and out of the breakfast room, around the kitchen, to the dishwasher, etc. I only do it three times per week and the shift is 5 hours long, so I don't want to change my activity level to "lightly active." Every other day, my job does not involve much movement. Any suggestions/ideas as to the best way to log this? Or should I log it? I have been putting in 2 hours of walking at 2.0 mph, but that gives me quite a few calories and seems off. I want to be as accurate as I can be - help? :)

Replies

• mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Maybe you can add some exercise on those days? That's what i do when I do more walking than normal on a give day. I am not sure it that's correct but it seems to work for me. I also do not eat the exercise calories that it tells me I used.

Mark
  • I have a desk job and I would add the excercise the way you do. However I always think, if I were really walking for two hours straight without stopping would it feel the same? Iike if a spend an hour at the mall or the grocery store I log 1/2 hour of walking 2.0mph. I don't know if it is best but it seems to work for me. When I was at an amusment park for 5 hours I was soooo much more hungry than usual. Considering the waiting in line and being on rides I logged 2 1/2 hours of walking 2.0mph and ate back my calories. In the morning I found I had lost weight.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    My suggestion is to only log half the time you're doing it. My job is mostly butt in chair, but when I have days when I'm on my feet all day I just put in half the calories. It helps me not overeat back the calories I burned.
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    I am starting work at Staples, and I am going to be standing for 15 to 20 hours a week, should I change my activity level? Right now it is sedentary.