Trying to build a bigger support network on here

Options
Hi, my name is Cortney. I've been logging on here for a little while now but most of my friends have stopped logging! I only had a few close friends on here to begin with, and now I'm the only one left who is still determined get healthy. I'd like to lose 20 lbs and 10% body fat. I am a spinning instructor and do boot camp work outs several days each week, but my main struggle is staying consistent with my eating habits so I've hovered around the same weight for awhile. I'm now looking to add more friends on here so that we can support each other, keep each other accountable, and maybe get some new ideas. Hope to meet more of you on here soon :)

Replies

• tmj2191
    tmj2191 Posts: 76
    Options
    Feel free to add, I know how you feel might be lots of people on here but a lot of them do lose motivation and the support is gone.
  • DebBeury
    Options
    Hi Cortney,
    Feel free to add me. My fiance's sister got me started on here about a week ago and would love a support system too :)

Deb
  • CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks so far to those who have responded so far I really appreciate it :) It makes a huge difference for me just knowing that there's someone to acknowledge accomplishments, and it's easier to slip up when you think no one notices (even though I always feel it when I start slipping up haha). Also as I mention in my profile I am vegan (sometimes going back to vegetarian ways, typically when I have a cheesy slip-up), so I'm always interested in exchanging meal ideas
  • chipmunkey
    chipmunkey Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a support network too!! I'm 28 and need to lose about 25 pounds. Looking for people in similar age/goal boat to help stay motivated. Friend request sent. :)
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Me too ! I've been on MFP for a while but never did the community side . I'm 41 almost 42 5'5 and hoping to lose 10 to 15 pounds . Would love some friends :)
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking to meet new people. Feel free to add me!
  • conservativek
    conservativek Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me -- Trying to lose between 20-25 lbs. I've only been doing this for about a week, and would like to build up my support network, too. Come diet with a diabetic! :)
  • apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've also been on MFP for a while, more serious recently. Good luck!
    Andrea
  • ross032
    ross032 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I plan on logging everyday, as I need to lost about 22 more lbs to be back where I was a year and a half ago.
  • kiltiemacbagpipes6
    kiltiemacbagpipes6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Likewise feel free to add me, actually, everyone feel free to add me. I'll be here a while i'm sure, as I'm looking to lose 60 or so lbs. Also I went to culinary school, so I might be of help to people with dietary conditions.
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I'll try and help you out the best I can!
  • murugish
    Options
    you can add
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I login daily and will encourage and support those in my circle... I put in my cardio time regularly each week .... add me if you wish!
  • CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone who has responded so far, it's been a different and great experience so far today seeing other people's activities and feedback. Everything everyone's doing, especially for a weekend, is very motivating.
  • IzzyBmydog
    IzzyBmydog Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined today. I am 45, 5'9 and 211lbs. I want to get down to 165 lbs so I'll be awhile. Have done all of the programs before. First hearing about this. Used to be into bodybuilding but oh how the years have gotten away from me, ha ha. Looking forward to getting things under control. Enjoying this website already.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I want some motivated friends as well. I have 3 I sent notes to without any response. HOW RUDE!!! That is not what I'm looking for in my weight loss friend circle...I'm on here every day so I'm always free to talk if you want......Thanks
    Samantha
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cortney. I've been logging on here for a little while now but most of my friends have stopped logging! I only had a few close friends on here to begin with, and now I'm the only one left who is still determined get healthy. I'd like to lose 20 lbs and 10% body fat. I am a spinning instructor and do boot camp work outs several days each week, but my main struggle is staying consistent with my eating habits so I've hovered around the same weight for awhile. I'm now looking to add more friends on here so that we can support each other, keep each other accountable, and maybe get some new ideas. Hope to meet more of you on here soon :)

Hi Cortney,

I swear I am not taking the piss, as I did my first spinning class at a spa the other week. So here's my question:

How do you do spinning without it being excruciating on your lady parts? I got bruises!!

T xx
  • TCMKPBNI
    Options
    I just started on here today so feel free to add me as well.
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I want some motivated friends as well. I have 3 I sent notes to without any response. HOW RUDE!!! That is not what I'm looking for in my weight loss friend circle...I'm on here every day so I'm always free to talk if you want......Thanks
    Samantha

Hi - I'll friend you :)
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    29 year old Aussie resident here.

Always happy to offer support, motivation and share knowledge I've picked up along the way to those who are serious about getting healthy and plan to actively stick with it!

Currently I play basketball in 2 local comps, just finished up a futsal season through work and can be found at my gym most mornings lifting weights before work.

I eat pretty clean though you won't find much variation in my diary - it's lucky I don't get bored of my food easily!