Eating to you blood type!

Options
Hi

Is anyone following a diet plan that goes with their blood type? if so has it worked for weightless?

Allie xo

Replies

• alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just started it. My friend has been following it for about 6 months and lost almost 50lbs.

I am not a big fan of fad diets but I read it over and its all healthy food and their is no talk about keeping my calories dangerously low. So, I figured I'd try it.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this...what's it about?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I want to hear about this, too. Sounds like it's probably a sham, though.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I've got red blood, so I eat food.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    it makes sense for me (i eat low carb anyway). but i'm sure it doesn't make sense for everyone.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options

^^^This^^^
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I suspect this has already been debunked...

...but if it hasn't , I'm almost certain it will be.

Any of the three diets, if at a calorie deficit, will result in weight loss. There is no magic here...(unless you're a wizard, and then I guess different rules apply).
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Eating to your blood type.... so if I have O Neg... does that mean, I eat nothing?
  • danthomson56
    Options
    Eating to your blood type.... so if I have O Neg... does that mean, I eat nothing?
    That will definitely work to lose weight. LOL

259652.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nmwhitney12
    nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I'm an O neg too...apparently we are Aliens or something :/
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Oh, so far I love this blood type diet. It's like reading your daily horoscope. May or may not apply to anyone.
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No offense to anyone here who might believe in this nonsense, but... it's ironic I stumbled across this thread, because we were just discussing the dumbest fad diets we've heard of at the nurses' station today while charting, and the blood type diet was brought up.

The nurse said she had an obese patient who dropped 25 lbs from it and swore by it. Of course it works. No matter what your blood type is, exercise is encouraged. And you're restricting certain types of food. So if you're restricting grains (like in a low carb diet), of course you're going to lose weight. You're eating less period. Even if you're eating more of a certain other types, you're completely cutting out others. Enjoy that ham, cheese, and mayo without a slice of bread to put it on. Chances are, you're going to skip it altogether. The principle behind this fad diet is stupidly easy to see through.

That being said, if you're into fad diets, go for it. Nothing wrong with just about anything that limits calorie intake. That IS the principle behind losing weight, after all. Just make sure you're getting the minimum of everything required to keep you healthy!

If you're cutting calories, everything else is just an easy way to trick yourself into doing so. :)

(But good to mention that if you're not exercising and cutting total calories, you're not going to lose weight, no matter which fad diet principle you live by ;) )

Edit: Also, you O- people aren't even in the smallest blood type groups, so hush up. lol.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Edit: Also, you O- people aren't even in the smallest blood type groups, so hush up. lol.

Never said I was in the smallest blood group... :P lol
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm O positive and positively love my nom noms, so there.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    http://www.kimberlysnyder.net/blog/2012/06/19/busting-the-blood-type-diet/
    One of the claims in the blood type diet is that Type O is the very first blood type that existed, present among early hunters. Microbiological research, on the other hand, suggests that the original blood type was A. Since the blood type diet begins with such a flawed premise, it is not surprising that its hypotheses and recommendations are flawed, as well.

The blood type diet is about as scientific as palm reading or astrology.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A family member lost a lot of weight doing this, but I'm pretty sure it had more to do with the fact that brownies, cookies, cheesecakes and candy bars were on the nono list than anything else.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It is pseudoscience which isn't backed by research but it seems that if you follow it, you will end up restricting calories and thus should lose weight.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ok seriously though what is it all about. I am curious to see what they say not because I want to try it. I would say maybe it helps boost certain nutrients some people lack except I've never heard that say A pos people need more iron or whatever.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I'm AB ---- All Bacon!!!