Check These Out – My Awesome MFP Support!

Options
At this time next week I will be at about mile 5-6 in my 3 Day 60 mile challenge to try and end breast cancer – This will be my 2nd year in a row taking on this walk – this year is a little different, Im walking with a different team and my mind will be on my Aunt/My Friend who are all taking on their own battles with a different type of cancer – BUT knowing that I helped raise $$ that will in the long run benefit all cancer research will help me trudge on!

This year is also different in the AMAZING support I received from my MFP friends and friends of friends BUT I cannot take all the credit – My Real Life Best friend _SusieQ_ helped pimp out my shirts (Have you seen the Check THESE out shirts?) I designed these and I got a plethora of shirt orders and some new awesome friends added to my friend list!!

Just from MFP alone I raised over $600 for my walk - On average during training a 3Day walker walks 585 miles – this represents more than $1 for every mile I have walked and more importantly this money will be helped to provide mammograms that could be life-saving, it will help to provide the cost of transportation to a treatment session for a patient – and my amazing friends here helped me do this – so I want to give a big high five, virtual hug and THANK YOU so much to:

My NUMBER 1 Fan and Best Friend: SusieQ
OkMac3 – My first MFP supporter! – He sports a guy shirt Squeeze a B@@B save a life!
IamRoj
Rookie167
JoyousRen
pedalpush
amberjslimsaway
Juliecat1
Dam_Fine
EmpressofJusgememt
lovelylifter
California_peach
Oberon0124 – who ordered 3 for his daughters!!
Parys1
Sp1nGoddess
Michellerawrrr
DangerSass
_Wits_
misskortney
cgrout78
MacInCali
SuperAmie
DreamHazer
Galegetsthin
CoryIda

I don’t have everyone’s photo below unfortunately but you get the idea!

CheckTheseOut.jpg

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    First of all my sweet friend, I love you more than words can say. Second, I'm so proud of you. The walk, raising money, bringing awareness. It's such an awesome thing!

And I second the thanks for all those MFPeeps that bought a shirt to help this cause. Plus you all look freakin' amazing! :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE MY HERO THIS WEEK!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I'm so glad to be a part of it
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My sexy Rhonda, the support you receive is small in comparison to how awesome you are.

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to get slapped for wearing the shirt. I will do anything to get the word out.

"Squeeze a boob! Save a life!" Save the Ta-Ta's!

*boob squeezes* (your exam is good for the day, check with me tomorrow)
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Lots of love coming your way from Canada! You are amazing and youknow what? I didn't know you designed the shirts - even more amazing!

BTW - doing my own small thing for breast cancer awareness this weekend. Tomorrow I'm running the Color Me Rad 5K, raising money for Keep A Breast Canada (there is a Keep a Breast US as well), an organization that educates young women and men about the importance of self-examination for early detection of breast cancer.

Muah and (((hugs)))) - You're gonna do great!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing collection of some of the best women on this site. And kudos to you for getting everyone together for a good cause!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Well done Rhonda - both for your charity eventing and your 'simple idea' but clever design work. Great T's
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You are my Hero and this makes me insanely happy. Thank you my sweet friend.

:heart: Sass
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I will be thinking about you next week! Best of luck! :heart: :flowerforyou:

IMG-20120719-00647-1.jpg
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for you and I am PROUD to see all the support!!! We must SAVE THE TATAS!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    this is amazing and what an awesome heartfelt thank you!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is awsome.You should be so proud of yourself.
    I have only been a member for a few weeks but have already received so much support.
    Keep up the good work.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Great job girlie!! I'm doing the same walk as you next weekend -- -so I'll be on the lookout for your shirt!

Our team shirts are actually lime green and say "Thanks for the Mammaries" .. so you can hunt me down too:)

One week from today --- would be great if we had the weather we have today next weekend!!! IT's gorgeous out there!
  • eduardo_d
    eduardo_d Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow, great fundraiser! So excellent.
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    LOVE the shirts!!! And best of luck walking!!!!!! I will be at the Twin Cities 3 Day also! :) I walked in 2009 and 2010, and this year I am on the crew. I can't believe it is almost here... Sooooo excited!!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I am so proud to be even a small part of such a special day and wonderful cause. You, my dear friend, are amazing!! :flowerforyou:
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    PS - I keep looking at this photo collage today because again AMAZING - all of you are :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: !!!!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Damn, this ROCKS!

You are all amazing!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Aw yeah! That's awesome! Glad to be a part of it!

You're incredible!!! :heart:
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i have the best husband, rookie167! he surprised me with my shirt cuz i knew nothing about it!!!!!!!!!!!!