I could just cry

Options
Our town is having a carnival. This is day 3 of 4 days. I live upstairs on the street where there is all the food. There is a caramel corn stand right across from me and I have been smelling it now for 3 days. I want some so bad. If I went and got a bag I would eat it all. I have come so close...all the rationalizing is taking place...Oh just do it...one time a year wont hurt...I could just start in fresh tomorrow...I would walk off the damage...but no...I am so far getting through it.

Replies

• Seriousmom3
    Options
    Don't do it man...I broke down and ate a cupcake today and totally regret it. Be strong!
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    We also have a festival going on this weekend.... I have went every year... i love funnel cakes... I decided this year not to go... I'm pretty bummed out too... All my friends are out there drinking,eating listening to bands... And I'm stuck in the house..
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hang in there - if you get it you won't feel better. If you're anything like me you'll regret it and just want more unfulfilling junk!
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    don't do,be strong,look at the people eating the junk for motivation,,
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm the kind of person who would buy the bag and split it with someone... Usually my daughter who knows to eat it all or throw it away when she's had her fill. Maybe you could buy some and eat a little and throw the rest in a trash can that's outside your home?
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Umm, I would go eat it (well, *I* wouldn't because it's probably not vegan, but you know what I mean). It IS once a year. As long as you don't get some every day of the four days, no biggie. It's not going to do any damage.
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just say to yourself - it won't taste as good as watching the scale go down feels (and although temporary- the sugar will spike your insulin and stall your progress) So...........Hang in there !

Good Luck
  • Kelsey14324
    Kelsey14324 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A treat every now and then is not a bad thing. If you deprive yourself of all of the good stuff that you enjoy when you finally get it you will over indulge which in the end will make you feel worse.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Is caramel corn really that bad? It seems you could do a lot worse. Maybe go with someone so they can eat half of it. Great job for holding out so far but im just saying, if you really, really want some then have a little.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Out of all the horrible food at carnivals, caramel corn isn't all that bad.
  • sueceeq
    sueceeq Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk. Or a run. Or some sort of work out. Then go have some! Ask them for half (even if you have to pay for it all it is still worth it) Don't deprive yourself, you have to live! Love yourself and good luck :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    If you don't indulge a little, you'll feel deprived. Get some Caramel Corn! There are worse vices and it IS only once a year :)
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Go get a bag and eat half of it. Why deprive yourself of yummy goodness. Then just exercise off what you eat. It really is that simple.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Try logging it into your food diary and see what it does to your numbers. Information is power! Once I see how bad a food I am craving really is, I'm usually no longer craving it quite so much.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Every time I see something laying around the house I could binge on- I ask any of my relatives to take it home with them or eat it before I do. If all fails, then I will throw the item away before I inhale it and feel bad about myself after. Try to remind yourself how far you've come and all the hard work you have done, don't give up stay strong! :flowerforyou:
  • Kiris2
    Kiris2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! You are doing so good not to have eaten it yet.....don't give in now! You can do it! You're strong!
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Buy some and ask if they will just fill your bag halfway up.
  • ACleverName
    ACleverName Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I give myself one day a week as a " treat" day. I get to eat that candy bar or whatever I am craving. This helps me to avoid temptations other days throughout the week because I know my " treat " day is coming soon.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Dont torture yourself...get a bag and share it with someone. Then take an extra walk if you are stressing about it then its not good..just get it eat it walk it off move one. One "cheat" won't kill you the problem starts when you forget about the good eating habits and eat BAD every day.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No one should beat themselves up if they have a slip up every now and then. It happens to everyone and that's damn okay. You seem like you have everything pretty under control.