gave up scales...bad withdrawl symptoms

Options
as advised by my fellow MFP friends I have handed my scales battery to my husband....today is day 1 and I am dying to weight myself...even considering cheekily popping to my mums to weight myself...this is a tough challenge for me as I am obsessing already lol how will i last till next friday grrr (thats the one day a week we agreed I can have em bk lol)

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You need to find something to do.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I agree, find something to do. I swore I wouldn't weight in for 5 days after I weighed in on Monday...then I caved and did on Wednesday morning, and I was 1lb heavier from working out several days in a row :( I am weighing in this morning, and I hope to have lost something this week.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Knitting or cross stitch keeps me from worrying. And then my hands are busy so I can't snack. And if I do, I'll have to wash my hands before I pick up my project again, so that deters me from stuffing my face?

But good for you for giving up something you're obsessing over! Yea, it'll be hard. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be something you'd need to give up! You can do it. Just concentrate on other things!
  • Anya06
    Anya06 Posts: 95
    Options
    its so hard...tempted to wrestle hubby for the batteries lol
  • Anya06
    Options
    Knitting or cross stitch keeps me from worrying. And then my hands are busy so I can't snack. And if I do, I'll have to wash my hands before I pick up my project again, so that deters me from stuffing my face?

But good for you for giving up something you're obsessing over! Yea, it'll be hard. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be something you'd need to give up! You can do it. Just concentrate on other things!

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Do you have an old VCR at your place?
    Step on it....... imagine a number....... cry or be happy, depend of the number you imagine.

Go on with your day.

You are welcome
  • Anya06
    Options
    no old VCR but could do that to my partners playstation lol doubt he will appriciate it as I will squash it ;)
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    its so hard...tempted to wrestle hubby for the batteries lol
    If I were you I'd just go wrestle hubby for some fun ;) Burn calories and get a distraction
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    One of the best ways to get over the addiction to the scales that we seem to develop on this journey. I asked my boyfriend to keep me on a one week weigh in because I was obsessing over it and it just wasn't healthy. Good for you for taking the first step! It gets easier ;)
  • Anya06
    Options
    me likey the idea of just wrestling him for fun haha yea i would weigh myself constantly and my whole life depended on it,its like i like what i see in mirror and now fit in size 8-10 uk clothes and thats what i always wanted but for some reason want to get that number even smaller...pure number obsession lol
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Do you have an old VCR at your place?
    Step on it....... imagine a number....... cry or be happy, depend of the number you imagine.

Go on with your day.

You are welcome
    Love this.

If it were me, I'd just stay on plan with food/calories and keep up with my work out routine. If you are going to quit the daily WIs cold turkey, you will at least know that the number you see on your weekly WI will be a good one!
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If I desperately want to weigh myself, I down a glass of water or two before going anywhere near the bathroom (home of the dreaded scales). Then I tell myself that the water will throw off the result and I won't get a true reading, so I'd better wait until tomorrow.
    I did it this morning. I'll probably have to do it tomorrow and Sunday as well. It works for me, though.
  • carolg225
    Options
    I feel ya......promised my self I would only weigh once a week on Sunday morning. So fa so good but I ALMOST caved this morning!!!!!
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I got my 11 year old son to hide my scale last weekend and told him not to give it to me even if I asked. He returned it this morning for my weigh in and it is now hidden again. It has been hard and I begged him for it a couple days but he would not let me get it. I was pleasantly surprised at the weight loss this week.
  • Anya06
    Options
    I got my 11 year old son to hide my scale last weekend and told him not to give it to me even if I asked. He returned it this morning for my weigh in and it is now hidden again. It has been hard and I begged him for it a couple days but he would not let me get it. I was pleasantly surprised at the weight loss this week.

I am hoping that i will be happy on my weighing but i will get the scales bk just before our anniversary weekend which means that if the number is bad i will be in a crap mood for whole weekend...silly i know but cant help this number affecting me :( x
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If I desperately want to weigh myself, I down a glass of water or two before going anywhere near the bathroom (home of the dreaded scales). Then I tell myself that the water will throw off the result and I won't get a true reading, so I'd better wait until tomorrow.
    I did it this morning. I'll probably have to do it tomorrow and Sunday as well. It works for me, though.

I do this as well. Down a large glass of water when I feel tempted and know I might have gained a bit, It avoids any unnecessary upset. Op, you seem to be over obsessed with that number, and it certainly is a bad thing if it would cause you to ruin your anniversary just because of a probably fluctuation. You are a size 8-10, so why on earth does the number matter so much now? It can get quite risky if you get hooked on seeing it get smaller when you are already a healthy weight.