FESTIVAL DILEMMA

Options
hello!
over the next two weekends I am going to a couple of music festivals in the UK, and every single year I do I put on weight due to the booze and difficulty to get a healthy meal. I really dont want to ruin my current weight loss streak as I'm so proud of how far I have come so far so need a little help.

I normally will take brioches/cereal bars/crisps/nuts/ice tea and lots of beer and cider with me for my snacky meals, then buy a hot meal each night such as mexican or falafels etc.

Any ideas or tips for healthier options I can take with me would be very much appreciated!

Have a good day all :) xxx

Replies

• gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    dance a lot! It's impossible to count calories at festivals! Or take a supply of low cal protein based shakes that you mix with water and don't drink alcohol. I prefer the dancing solution!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    hello!
    over the next two weekends I am going to a couple of music festivals in the UK, and every single year I do I put on weight due to the booze and difficulty to get a healthy meal. I really dont want to ruin my current weight loss streak as I'm so proud of how far I have come so far so need a little help.

It's ok to have fun sometimes just because you're losing weight doesn't mean you should become a nun or whatever.

Just buy your alcohol and food directly from the festival vendors instead of BYO. The prohibitive expense of purchasing alcohol and food from them will limit the amount of calories you can reasonably consume.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You can always plan your week out so that you have a deficit come festival day, get a good workout in that morning and then just have fun!
  • daisyyyy123
    Options
    thankyou so much guys! brilliant ideas :) definitely gonna dance my heart out and avoid the pricey beers! xxx