Tae-Bo

Options
Okay so I just started.. Lol and this guy is a nutcase. Idk if it's the uppercuts that make me so consistent with his workouts. But with every other workout vid I get bored. Love this ❤. So anyway has anyone ever done tae-Bo consistently ? & if u have what where your results ? ;)

Replies

• obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Yep. Before I got onto MFP I lost 12 lbs by cutting my food in half and doing Billys Ultimate Tae Bo (only 1 hrs not the full 90 min ones) 5 times a week. Now I do it 3x a week plus strength tng and elliptical . I also do Tae Bo Ripped once a week. I love it and it works esp the newer ones.
  • veronica_0920
    veronica_0920 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I freaking LOVE Billy Blanks Tae-Bo!! He is primarily what got me back into fitness when I was in my early 20's- I teach group exercise classes now and STILL throw in some of his moves into our choreography! Love him :-)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Back in the 1990s, I used to do Tae Bo every day. I lost tons of weight, got toned, and felt really empowered! Maybe I'll drag out my old tapes! Hope my VCR still works. :)
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm s glad you answered back, I was getting scared no one knew what I was talking about -_- lol. I'm happy to hear it helped you!! Makes me more encouraged to keep with it right now I'm broke haha don't have cable lol so I use YouTube maybe if you have a minute you can skim threw it and let me know if it's a good idea to kee with it here's the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dTApo0gkdY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I use TaeBo off and on. I haven't seen any amazing results, but I love the workouts, and he's so goofy, it's fun.
  • NB2001
    NB2001 Posts: 5
    Options
    Love Billy Blanks!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    Lol haha yea it's weird because I'm only 22 yrs old. And all my friends are like hey do Jillian michales or insanity or 8 min abs. P90x .. Psh I checked them all out.. & I just wasn't consistent. At all :noway: & then I remembered when I was younger my aunt used to always talk about how she had to do her tae-Bo so I took a chance & youtubed him.. Omg lol I love him :heart: I don't know what it is I'm diffidently consistent I started yesterday on this mash up vid of his stuff it's about 54 min long. I lasted 15 min. Did it again today and lasted 35 min.. I'm so pumped.. Idc how old it is it's the only at home video working for me.. Lol
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I love Tae-bo, but I also have taken an actual class which makes it a lot more fun. I get pretty bored with any exercise video.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    I use TaeBo off and on. I haven't seen any amazing results, but I love the workouts, and he's so goofy, it's fun.

Lmao he is really silly.. I love how hes all pumped like .. " don't worry I didn't forget about you I see you slowing down.. Let's go!! 1 2 3 4 !!5!!6!!!7!!8!! Now UPPERCUT UPPERCUT UPPERCUT! Lol. I feel like muhammad Ali throwin all them jabs :x lol
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I love Billy Blanks, untill he drools! LOL, my husban pointed it out on the AMPED DVD!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    I love Billy Blanks, untill he drools! LOL, my husban pointed it out on the AMPED DVD!

Lmao eww.. I'm deff not gonna even try to notice that lol
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Sorry, couldn't see the link, but I def think it's a good workout. And I used to only do the 30-minute ones! You should try it! Can't hurt!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    Options
    Well I'm not gonna start lifting weights /going to the gym until October ... But I'm loosing weight with just cardio I.e. mountain biking / power walking. I just dnt want my body to get to used to one kind of work out I wanna keep my body guessing so I zig zag my diet. Now I'm trying to zig zag my workouts by doing tae-Bo for about 40 min every nite
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Taebo is amazing. You'll definitely get results when you are consistent with it. I try to fit it into my routine at least twice a week.