More of a RE-INTRODUCTION

Options
apilant
apilant Posts: 87 Member
Hi, I am Ashley and I have decided to retell my story in hopes of new motivation and inspiration. As of today, I refuse to go any farther without looking the best I can and i've set a new goal. From here on out, I refuse to let the scale keep me down because my measurements don't lie.

January 1, 2010 was an eye opener when I stepped on the scale and saw 175 screaming back at me. I found MFP in March of that year and lost 33 lbs by my son's first birthday in May. Fast forward to today (August 15, 2012) and I may still be stuck at this weight (142) but my measurements are slowly inching downward. I will celebrate the first anniversary of my 25th bday (because I refuse to turn 26) in October and have finally decided to set a new goal size instead of a weight. I have 12.5" total to lose by October 2nd and I fully intend to reward myself with some expensive and hot jeans!

By that date I need to lose:
6.5" from my waist
1" from my hips
2.75" from my right thigh
2.25" from my left thigh
and continue toning my arms.
***these measurements were all researched on health statistic sites for my height and build.

I'm looking for anyone that has encouraging or inspiring stories or similar goals that could also use some cheering on!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• apilant
    Options
    :yawn:
  • celmotte
    Options
    Hi Ashley,

Good luck with you weight loss. I too want desperately to lose some weight but so far I have always stepped back in old habits every time I started dieting again.
    I decided this time was going to be different, rather than trying to stick to a diet, I will try to reduce my portions, stop snacking between meals and do 2 hrs exercise at the week-end every week.
    If you would like to keep me posted on your weight loss, I'll keep you posted on mine. A bit of motivation from others has always helped me in the past!
    Good luck.

Celine
  • apilant
    Options
    Best of luck to you! I sent you a request!!
  • aebeling86
    aebeling86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration :)
  • apilant
    Options
    So are you! You looked amazing in your jeans as well! We deserve to feel so good!!
  • chantellenolan1
    Options
    Hey there,

I am sort of in the same boat as you, I weigh about 170lbs now, I'm 23, and my birthday is in October. I am looking to slim down for health reasons and to look good! I'm looking for forum pals to exercise with. :)
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: :happy:
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Great job....I have no doubt you will reach your goals.
  • apilant
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement!!!