Heavy lifting AND 30 Day Shred?

Options
Right now I lift heavy 3 days a week and get 1 hour of cardio (Zumba, spinning, swimming, DVD) at least 6 days a week. So I am already doing cardio on lifting days. I am 15 lbs from goal and I really need to tighten up my middle. I've added ab exercises to my lifting routine and it seems to be helping but I'm seeing some good results posted from 30 Day Shred. Can I do 30 Day Shred for my cardio on lifting days or is that too much?

Replies

• 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I am day 13 of 30 day shred and I still lift 3 times a week and run 3 times. I do the shred first and then my normal routine. It's been working great so far and I'm starting to see some great results and tone.
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's right or wrong, but I am day 13 of 30 day shred and I still lift 3 times a week and run 3 times. I do the shred first and then my normal routine. It's been working great so far and I'm starting to see some great results and tone.

I have been running first and then do the 30 day shred and it isn't bad. Yesterday I switched it and did 30 day shred first and it almost killed me. It was like my muscles weren't warmed up enough without the run.
  • stephanie_88
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I'm going to give it a shot. Today was day 1. I don't lift again until Sunday.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Just do your heavy lifting first, and if you still feel wiped out, take an extra recovery day (or change up your schedule) before doing it again.