medi-fast

Options
I know that many people are against low calories diets, or "fad" diets. But recently I was diagnosed with PCOS and with that, I need to cut the carbs out of my diet as well as sugar... same thing! The medical clinic near my work offers a Take Shape for Life clinic. You eat the medi-fast meals, meet with a NP and a nutritionist. They monitor your blood levels and heart rates. I need to loose 50 pounds to be within a healthy BMI level. We are trying to get pregnant so the more I can loose the better!

We walk everyday, anywhere from 20-45 min, depending on the weather and work... but with PCOS, loosing weight is HARD to do!!

Has anyone had any luck or success on the Medi-Fast diet? We have also been looking into the South Beach Diet.

Thoughts?

Replies

• 1dg3
    1dg3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried it and lost weight fairly quickly, which was GREAT. However, my husband and I decided we wanted to start a family and decided I'd go off the diet to clear my body of the processed, chemical stuff. Plus, I was really over the food. I ended up gaining what I lost back quickly because I hadn't really learned how to eat healthy without the meal packets, which is why I'm trying myfitnesspal to actually learn what my body needs. The program does have a transition and maintenance phase, but didn't get to that point before pulling off.

My sister-in-law's doctor recommended the program for her and she did it for awhile to lose weight before getting pregnant. When her doctor found out she was trying to get preggo, she pulled her off immediately. Pregnancy is a big red flag on the program so be sure your doctor knows that you're trying before you go on it.
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do everything to lose weight and i don't lose (i think i have an extremely low metobolosim, I know my dad and his sister do). So after about a month of doing hard work and eating healthy ect and not losing a single pound, i gie up.

I am starting MediFast next week. I know it is expensive, but maybe this can help. I think it will be hard to do and might slip up a few times, but hey, it's def worth it if you are like me and runninf out of options.

Maybe we can start it together!!