Hi, im back, more on race/ethnicity =)

Options

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    3 generations American
    4th generation back was German on both sides of family, with some English and Scottish mixed in back in the 1600's - 1700's
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    1/4 Irish
    1/4 Italian
    1/8 Native American (Penobscot)
    1/8 British
    1/8 Dutch
    1/8 Welsh

100% American
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Scottish Canadian.
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Franco-Canadian

And it's franco Canadian for to many generations to count back. The oldest record bring some of our family back to 1600.
  • Starqueg
    Starqueg Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm a mutt. My mom's side has been here since before the Civil War, maybe even the Revolutionary War. I'm supposedly part Cherokee and Algonquin, but I've never seen any proof of that. From that side, I'm English, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, and maybe German. My dad's family is Eastern European and came over in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
    Oddly enough, the red hair is from my dad's side of the family, but I look Irish enough to be asked in Ireland if I'm Irish.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    American - but ancestors were german and irish. One of my ancestors was an indentured servant in Ireland. Her "master" was always raping her and one day in the field she took her sickle and killed him. She then stowed away on a ship and came to America!!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am an American who is primarily of African descent on both sides of my family (mom and dad). Like most Americans who are black I have other stuff in my ancestry, but I am mostly black. feel free to guess the other! LOL :smile:
  • DietCuki
    DietCuki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm Puerto Rican and American too. Born in the states (only one in my family born here) I speak English and Spanish and recently I discovered that I'm somewhat southern because I have picked up on the accent lol.

And let me add, being a Puerto Rican who can cook authentic Rican food is horrible giving up all that yummy food rich in calories, sodium and fat lol but all for the sake of being healthy, I rather have my life and live it well than die at a young age due to not taking care of myself! =)
  • DaneDillinger
    DaneDillinger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am American. Why doesn't anyone ever say that?

I am second generation Italian-American. I look at it like this- there is ONE group that can claim they are "Americans," the same group that had their tribes slaughtered, women raped and land stolen by European settlers hundreds of years ago. The rest of us are descendants of emigrants from somewhere else living on that same stolen land. My family's history in America goes back about 60 years, whereas the family history in Italy goes back 300 or so years. That's the reason I personally refer to myself as a hyphenated American.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I had ancestors on the Mayflower (no kidding), so my family was here long before this was a country. I had ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War. I have two ancestors who were American Presidents.

I'm American.
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    My ancestors helped settle New York City. My family has been in New York and New Jersey since the 1600's. Although my ancestors were African slaves from Angola, I was able to find their birth, marriage and death in the records of the Reformed Dutch Church of New Amsterdam. From what I can gather, my ancestry is largely Dutch, West African, and German.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Native Canadian...as per my papers, however I'm mostly just Canadian.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    LOL cause if I said I was American I would be lying LOL

I am a kiwi from New Zealand with Maori, Yugoslavian and Russian background. Parents both from NZ though.

I'm a Kiwi living in the States. Dad's a NZ Maori, and mum's English, French, Norwegian and Gypsy mix.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm American, but my grandfather was Cherokee and the rest of my ancestors are English and Scottish.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Cherokee and Scottish
    Czech and English
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am English Canadian (my parents moved to Canada from Scotland before I was born)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    1/2 welsh, 1/4 english, 1/4 maltese

Mother Canadian, but her parents were english (my grandmother) and maltese (my grandfather) .
    Birth Father Welsh (so were his parents)

Funny when you think of it... my grandparents families were the same, culturally, waaaaay back for many generations (in some cases have been documented/traced back at least to 1400s, and in one case back to the doomsday book).. and yet nowadays, the odds are that this, and future generations will almost surely be a combination of cultures.

Both sad and exciting at the same time, to me *S*
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm of African and Native American descent. But mostly -

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free,
    And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me,
    And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today,
    'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God Bless the U.S.A.

(Sorry... I just had to. This song always brings a tear to my eye.)
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Proud, boring, American, white girl here :)
  • Marirosa79
    Options
    I'm Dominican American both my parents were born in the Dominican Republic. I usually always say I'm just Dominican, I always identified more with that side of me but I find myself embracing my American side more :bigsmile: