Looking For HELP!!!

Options
I am looking for some support worthy friends to help me along my weight loss journey. I am brand new and have never been on this site before. I am currently in the 300lb range and desperately want to get down to 200lbs. I just recently got married to a wonderful man who has been with me through thick and thin literally. When he met me I was a size 10 and now i am a size 22-24 i am depressed and angry with my looks all the time. I felt uncomfortable in my own wedding dress and hate my pictures. I just want to feel good. I have a honeymoon in Dec we are going to PDC and i am excited to go but I am scared of flying the size i am, i am thinking it will be embarrassing, I also don't want to be wearing a full get up because I feel uncomfortable wearing a bathing suit. Sooo I am determined and needless to say looking for some supportive friends to get me through the journey ahead...

Looking forward and not backward for myself, my husband and my friends...

Linds:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me an add! I'll do my best to cheer you on, you can do this!
  • para999sal
    Options
    Hi there,
    i joined two days ago and im struggling already.
    I did the baby food diet for 2wks and it made me very ill.
    Then i just got used to eating hardly anything and my body went into starvation mode and stored fat.
    I have lost a little by eating properly and exercising.
    When i have a bad day i do a few exercises it makes me feel better.

Salena:flowerforyou:
  • linny8306
    Options
    Feel free to send me an add! I'll do my best to cheer you on, you can do this!
    [/quote

***Thanks soo much it is nice to have the support when you are going through something soo hard**
  • linny8306
    Options
    Thanks soo much for sharing it is not gonna be an easy journey but i think we can all do it!!!
  • para999sal
    Options
    Think positive we are all here to help you through this.:bigsmile:
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard!
  • l_beakley
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I have quite a bit of weight to lose & having support always helps :) Welcome!
  • mindy_moorehead
    Options
    Hi....I just joined the site like 2 days ago and haven't lost any lbs yet, but when I 1st started I weighed in at 366 and on my own I'm down to 225. My sister started using this site and got me interested so hey if I can do it anyone can honey ......Feel free to add me on as a friend and my sister Angela Fonville also we would love to have you...and good luck!!!!!
  • linny8306
    Options
    @Mindy-Thanks soo much it is nice to know i am not alone in this and starting this journey is the start of a new happy me!

@Beakley-Thank You for your support

@healthhandyman-Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Thanks again everyone, It is gonna be hard but with my support at home and the support of all my friends on here i am going to beat this weight. I went to the doctor and and admits it is going to be tough cause i am hypo thyroid and well it tends to fight against me losing weight but i was healthy once and will be again....:heart:
  • rmatheson58
    Options
    Hilinny
    Read you note and would like to help if I can. The trick to losing is this site and writing down every bite that goes into your mouth without cheating.. This the only way you can see how much you really do eat, everybody thinks they don't eate that much.The site will assign you the amount of calories automatically based on the time you set up in the beginning. I would look at the stress in your life first and some how reduce it if possible Sounds to me like you are an emotional eater and that is the toughest to overcome because you have to out smart your desire to calm your stress with food. WRITE IT DOWN, WRITE IT DOWN, and follow the suggestions and it will work. Besides think about when you are a size 10 again how you will be able to go shopping for clothes that will motivate you. Good luck
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. You sound very determined to kick some *kitten* and I believe you will. You just take it one day at a time. It gets easier everyday :)
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. I'm starting again afta deciding I do actually want to loose weight and not just think about it! Xx
  • stauffer1973
    Options
    Hi,I just joined and i'm gonna need some help also,send me an add and we will help each other,you can do this think positive.:flowerforyou: :smile: :smile:
  • loretta23
    loretta23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dana. I've been struggled with diets and healthy eating since I was 20. I gained 10 kg after every diet...i can't deny I love my food.
    On last January I weighted 104.8 kg (16st 7lb) I was ashamed and fed up with myself. I joined slimming world but the didn't actually offered all the support I needed, therefore I gave up two months later.
    since May I've started diet on my own, mixing my knowledge and also using successfully Mt Fitness Pal. I could describe myself as being too lazy to join a gym, as my work involves physical effort.
    The first couple of weeks were the hardest ones, as I eat very less amount of food in order for my stomach to get shrunk. i follow a special diet eating same food for a day (i.e. only fruits or only steamed veggies, only grilled chicken breast or fat free cottage cheese/Quark cheese). For the next couple of weeks i have kept the same sort of food only for a meal. At present i introduced a day out of 7 for to indulge myself (eating what I want to with no restrictions) but the next day is really bad lol food wise.
    I had to take it easy, I knew is gonna be hard work but with a happy end.
    At the moment my weight is 92.5 kg (14st 8 lb)...nearly 2 stones lost.

Good luck everyone! x