colon cleansing

Options
I've been thinking about doing one. Has anyone done it and if so what brand do you recommend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:smile:

Replies

• kemmy45
    kemmy45 Posts: 59
    Options
    I just did the 10 day advocare colon cleanse and i loved it. It's not one where you have to run to the bathroom all the time, it's very gentle and natural and it taste good. It also comes with probiotics. You can only do one every 90 days and I plan on doing it every 90 days. My stomach feels so much better.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    They are expensive and unnecessary.

The only people who profit from a cleanse are the people selling the products.

Your body 'cleanses' itself naturally, there is no need to do so :)
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 and honestly I can say that it was not the $25 I handed over each time. I get more out of eating my chia seeds than those.

Also, just a little funny side note, when I read this title all I could hear was the conversation between the Klumps in the Nutty Professor!!

"Colon Cleansin? Colon cleansin? You want a colon cleansin' take your butt by the carwash!!" LOLOL :bigsmile:
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    i see benefits, but its only temporary
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    this is my favorite brand KCC44135.jpg
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Did one and I got very sick. I don't recall which one it was, but it made me very sick.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing one. Has anyone done it and if so what brand do you recommend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:smile:
    May I ask why?
  • facess
    facess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Didn't work for me, wish I could get a refund from GNC. keep your $$, think I'm gonna try somthing I saw on tv today "mirimax".
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Didn't work for me, wish I could get a refund from GNC. keep your $$, think I'm gonna try somthing I saw on tv today "mirimax".

Miralax is just a brand of laxative. The generic works equivalently well.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the miromax. Didn't even give me gas. I bout have to use dynamite though.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    They are expensive and unnecessary.

The only people who profit from a cleanse are the people selling the products.

Your body 'cleanses' itself naturally, there is no need to do so :)

What this website needs is an ENEMA.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I like the one from Trader joes Super colon cleanse because it's just filled with herbs (peppermint, rose hips,etc.), and natural laxatives like Psyllium fiber and Senna (not to be confused with Sensa) that hurt your bowel at all.

it works well
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Save yourself some money. Do raw fruits and veggies for about a week or so. Your colon will be squeaky clean.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I like the one from Trader joes Super colon cleanse because it's just filled with herbs (peppermint, rose hips,etc.), and natural laxatives like Psyllium fiber and Senna (not to be confused with Sensa) that hurt your bowel at all.

it works well
    Senna is a stimulant laxative.
  • facess
    facess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanx, for the tip, trying to jump start the process, I'm so eager to see the tiniest bit of progress.:explode:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

it works well

Yes and it is recognized as a NATURAL laxative.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

it works well

Yes and it is recognized as a NATURAL laxative.
    Yup. It sure is. As is cascara sagrada. Just making sure folks get that it's a STIMULANT laxative. It's the same ingredient in many over the counter pharmacy/walmart/walgreens laxatives. It's the same ingredient in "smooth move" tea, and "dieters tea" and many other concoctions. It's natural. It's also a stimulant laxative. And...it has abortifacient properties. In other words, if one is pregnant, one should be cautious using it.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Use prune juice if you need a clean out.
  • janellegel
    Options
    May I ask why?

Because I've tried eating the leafy greens and taking a fiber supplement and it hasnt worked. I am know where near regular and am lucky to go once every few days. So i know i have waste backed up and i think i would feel better if i could get it out.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am doing Jillian 14 day Jumpstart. Seven days of colon cleanse and seven days of fat burner. I started Monday and took off almost 4 lbs this week......