I don't understand... Help?

Options
So I went to buy a good sports bra a few days ago and I realized there aren't any for bigger girls. This blows my mind?! Why aren't there more active wear for plus sized women. We want to get healthy and look respectable doing it. There aren't any options. I will buy online but I want to try them on first?!

Grrr.... suggestions?

I need a no bounce bra.

Thanks loves!

xx,
k

Replies

• freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Use the search function here, I remember a post not to long ago just about this.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I agree - it's so hard to find sports apparel for large women. We're not allowed to be jocks I guess.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It's a puzzler for sure. Lots for the 34A girls to stop all their bouncing (sorry anyone is 34A I just picked a size.) I'm 36F and that's hard enough to find a regular bra. I was all for buying one of the UnderArmour Armourbras but the biggest was DD and was too small. The tata-tamer at LuluLemon I had heard good things but I tried it on and it did nothing for me.
    The one I use now I found at The Running Room and says shock absorber on it (not sure if that's what it's called because I threw the tag out.) I was flabbergasted when I saw my actual size. I didn't have to settle for a 40DD like I do in regular bras.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I double up my DD's, I can't afford to spend $50+ on a bra. I just wear my regular under wire bra then put a cheap 3 for $10 Wallmart sports bra over it. They still move a little but not nearly as bad.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I'm in australia and we don't have many options either.
    I'm only a 16D/DD but when I shop at department stores I always find they don't fit properly. I got one at Bras N Things and it's a wireless. Many of my larger busted friends swear by them so I thought I'd try it.
    BEST!
    It's just their standard brand and I found that without the wire it was much more comfortable to move around and the way it hugs your chest I get minimal bounce.
    I skate derby so I don't have much impact but it stops me from falling out when I fall down :laugh: and when we do off-skates I don't have to hold myself when jogging or doing jumping jacks.

I don't understand why sports wear doesn't come in bigger sizes. Shouldn't they be encouraging us?
    I walked past a shop today, Lorna Jane and went in looking for exercise tights. Not even close. The girls looked at me like I was a freak and laughed when I asked.
    Thankyou for making me feel the way I do :mad:
    I wear tights because it stops everything from jigging around and makes exercise more comfortable. Why shouldn't I have that right?
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This is usually a good store: http://www.justmysize.com/ . :flowerforyou:
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you!
    I really like the anti-chafing stuff that runners wear on their thighs to keep them from, well, chafing. It helps decrease my chub rub. I've been able to find some stuff but it's only as I'm losing weight that I am better able to find clothes that I really love and love the way I look and feel in them. I hope you find some good options soon.
    All the best,
    A
    I'm in australia and we don't have many options either.
    I'm only a 16D/DD but when I shop at department stores I always find they don't fit properly. I got one at Bras N Things and it's a wireless. Many of my larger busted friends swear by them so I thought I'd try it.
    BEST!
    It's just their standard brand and I found that without the wire it was much more comfortable to move around and the way it hugs your chest I get minimal bounce.
    I skate derby so I don't have much impact but it stops me from falling out when I fall down :laugh: and when we do off-skates I don't have to hold myself when jogging or doing jumping jacks.

I don't understand why sports wear doesn't come in bigger sizes. Shouldn't they be encouraging us?
    I walked past a shop today, Lorna Jane and went in looking for exercise tights. Not even close. The girls looked at me like I was a freak and laughed when I asked.
    Thankyou for making me feel the way I do :mad:
    I wear tights because it stops everything from jigging around and makes exercise more comfortable. Why shouldn't I have that right?
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD working down to a, what I'm told 34DDD. Victoria's Secret has some AWESOME sport bras. But, they can run a wee smaller. Like now, I'm a 36, nearly 34 but I'd do the 38D for comfort. Since I have no V.S. here in AK, I double up Danskin's and another brand sold at Kohl's that I can't think of. It's not bad and not as uncomfortable as you'd think.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hmmm Yes, hear you! 46/F-G here....NONE!!!! Also exercise apparel. You would think someone would have the idea...wow bigger girls need some A; awesome clothing B: awesome exercise clothing C: Awesome underwear/sports bras
    They would be rich!

(I am in NZ so can't find ANYTHING) Oh and if you do, its about 2 or 3 times the price. Nasty people!!
  • kharismatic1
    kharismatic1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44 D. It really is impossible. I can't afford to buy a $50 bra either now that I'll be starting a new expensive gym on Monday. :/
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    I'm a 44 D. It really is impossible. I can't afford to buy a $50 bra either now that I'll be starting a new expensive gym on Monday. :/

You could make money by designing and selling sports bras for larger women, there is obviously an untapped market.