weight loss but no difference

Options
Hi guys this is my first post on here.
I have been using mfp for about 8weeks now and have lost 12lbs.
After my first few pounds I lost an inch here and there. I haven't lost inches since and no one has said I look like I've lost weight.
Anyone have the same thing?

Replies

• feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've lost 15lbs and no one has said it looks like I've lost weight, not even my boyfriend which really sucks :( Hopefully soon we will both see a difference, we just need to stop focusing on wanting and waiting for people to notice then I'm sure we will change and everyone will notice and congratulate us on the weight loss :)
    best of luck :)
  • joelhoro
    Options
    It's hard to judge without pictures of your progress and any idea of where you stand, but in my opinion (as a scientist!) I observed that people notice most when you go from 15% to 5% overweight zone.

So for instance my ideal weight would be 72kg. I went a while ago from 87kg to 72kg and I would notice the biggest change in how my colleagues were looking at me mostly around the 83 to 77 zone. Same goes for how often I saw girls in the street looked at me (not a scientific study though). In other words, if you're underweight or 5% overweight it's the same, and if you're 15% or 25% overweight it's the same.
  • Sapd975
    Sapd975 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me....I've lost 15 pds and my husband notice, so I guess that's all that matters....it would be neat to hear from others toooo...I guess as long as I feel and notice than that's all that matters since I'm really doing it for myself.....
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    people who see you every day (yourself included) may not notice as it's small changes day by day. Someone who hasn't seen you since you started may notice changes. Someone suggested taking pics, this is a good way to see changes in yourself that you'd otherwise miss. It's normal not to see changes in people you see every day. Even mothers don't always notice their kids growing, until suddenly all their trousers are too short or they go to visit a relative they haven't seen for a while, who does notice how much they've grown.
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    dont worry change will come..I noticed I lost weight from my knees and elbows first so no one is going to spot that. I have to loose over a stone before anyone notices, hopefully it works the other way round too!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Last time I lost this 30 pounds I'm trying to lose again now...(haha..really not so funny) it took me until I almost lost every single bit of my weight for people to notice. Then they all notice at the same time and you get the comments. That is the sad fact...so plug along..it is nothing personal ..they truly don't notice it. i used to think; "how selfish for my friends not to comment on my weight loss." Here they didn't notice! lol.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    It WILL show soon..that's a brilliant amount to loose..well done!