Lost 110lbs the right way :o)

Options
mywayroche
mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
I had a dream to join the Royal Air Force but the scales were tipping 300... I decided it was worth the pain:

Approx300lbsMay.jpg

As time went by and the pounds dropped off I got a little more confident to take pictures of myself :smile:

Frontsmall.jpg
Sidesmall.jpg

I have another 10lbs to lose to be in the 'normal' BMI range and it's my aim to get there by my intake date of the 10th of October :happy:

It's been a long old journey but it was worth the struggle, I feel like a new man and I wouldn't give it up for the world. Best of luck to all who embark on this journey.

Replies

• getninshape56
    getninshape56 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A-mazing! Good for you...you should be PROUD! Good luck to you on your next journey in the RAF! I'm sure the confidence and dedication you've gained thru this experience will serve you well.
  • Nicoleleeee
    Nicoleleeee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! You stand a little taller too ;)
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    Thats great..congrats to you and best of luck with joining air force...very proud of your comitment!
  • mywayroche
    Options
    Thank you all :smile: I can see what you mean, my confidence seems to grow in each picture :laugh:
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    Well done! Good luck to you!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Your hard work has paid off and now you are going to live your dream. Very motivating for the rest of us...thank you for sharing!
  • Kathysjourney
    Kathysjourney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey you are on..thanks for sharing
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I hope to have a post just like this someday! :D
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! The RAF should be prould to have you. :)
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Great results dude!! I have the same targets and people like you are an inspiration. Excellent job!
  • gullterre
    Options
    Your success is amazing!!!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You look great! Keep out up and those 10lbs will be gone in no time.
  • kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you look so completely different. great great work. I love that you have a dream and are working for it.
  • floridaboater
    floridaboater Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You should be sooo proud of yourself!! Can you post some tips on what you did?
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Such a great job!!!! You look fantastic, good for you!! :happy:
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    that's awesome!!!
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! And they're right! You seem to stand a little taller in every picture!
  • llmaria83
    Options
    WOW...That is truly AMAZING...You are a fighter and not a QUITTER. Your story is an inspiration to many of us. You will be a successful person as you can see that you have already started.
  • mywayroche
    Options
    You should be sooo proud of yourself!! Can you post some tips on what you did?

I was too heavy to run at first so I walked as much as I could; it left me tired, but it was worth it just to start feeling normal again. The pounds dropped off so fast back then; I was losing a minimum of 2lbs a week, some weeks more.

Once I got down to around 250lbs I bought a mountain bike (nice and sturdy) and rode that as far out into the countryside as possible then hiked through the forests; I found so many nice places doing that and really enjoyed it.

At 230lbs I was doing pushups, pullups and situps in preparation for the military... well, I was doing negative pullups using a chair anyway; it wasn't until I got down to around 200lbs that I could rep out a decent workout using just the bar.

At around 215lbs I started C25K and fell in love with it, bought myself a decent pair of running shoes and slowly built up my mileage to 5k then held the distance there and slowly increased my speed (these days I add power squats and pylometrics to my strength days). My current 5K PB is 20:22 but I hope to break the 20 minute mark before I get into the RAF.

My current routine is alternate days of strength (pull, push and sit ups with a round of circuit training on the end alternating to the legs) and cardio (running 5k with stretches at the end).

As for losing the weight, MFP has it right, just calories in and calories out that mattered for me.

Hope that helps and thank you all for the amazing feedback, without MFP I'd have been lost :smile:
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    VERY inspirational.. Well done pal, hope I can emulate your success :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!