Friends??

Options
Hi there, been using MFP for a few months, weight shifting slowly. I had lost 15lb, went on holiday and gained 5lb back! Really struggling to get back into it. I am alone most evenings as my hubby works nights, so pick a lot then. I'm picking up an exercise bike tonight which I will have in the lounge in the evening so I can get on that too. Would really love some more friends on here so I can be distracted by them too!!

Jules x

Replies

• wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    sure! Also, I just joined our local fit club and met some great people I meet with twice a week. Love it because they really have great advice. My zumba class is even doing a 5k together in september. Getting out to do an activity or 2 is a fantastic way to keep with it :)
    I used my bike as a clothes hanger... embarrased, but didn't stick with it. I really look forward to a light job or a long walk though! OR following along to a long workout to youtube. I can use my computer or xbox for free youtube videos and can try lots of variety!

Good luck. It is a long process, quick fixes never last.
  • Katestars
    Katestars Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favorite class at the gym is Zumba too. I try to work out 4 days a week. Do you belong to a gym or just trying to workout at home? There is always free workout videos that you can check out from the library. Go ahead and add me as a friend, we can motivate each other.
  • alfie1313
    alfie1313 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey there :-)))

If you fancy a supportive friend along the way please feel free to add me, im on here daily...

Lynn x
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hello There

Feel free to add me if you would like. Great support makes a world of difference when it comes to weight loss.
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't get out to exercise much, I walk and occasionally jog but mostly done at home. I used The Biggest Loser on the Wii for 12 weeks and lost 15lb and love that. I work shifts, my husband works 5 nights a week and I have 2 chidden so can't get out to do much outside but am pretty good at doing it at home. I really wanted a stationary bike as the evenings are my time and I tend to catch up on Sky+ so just thought how easy it would be to cycle and watch. I've got a very old knackered one that a friend was about to tip free, so nothing lost anyway. Thanks for the new adds , your support is fantastic x
  • Katestars
    Katestars Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Look on Freecycle in your area or Craiglist to find a cheap exercise bike or maybe even a garage sale.