Another upping calories success post

Options
I know, maybe beating a dead horse here. But I finally decided to try something different. I upped my calories a bit and am losing weight consistently for the first time in, well, too long to say. Several months really. Truth be told, I never really lost any weight using the original calorie count that MFP gave me. I'm 5'5" and started about 165. It said to eat 1450, which I did religiously for a year with essentially no results. Now that I've upped it to 1800, I'm actually losing weight. Very consistently. If you're stuck, I do recommend what many have already said on here: calculate your BMR and use that as a guide. And don't go too low on calories. It'll ruin your progress.

Replies

• kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    great work! I change my calories around whenever I get stuck. Sometimes I'm at 1,800, sometimes 1,500, sometimes 1,300. Right now I'm at 1,500 and moving again. It seems I have to do this every 4-5 weeks or so.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!

I have decided I'm going to up mine. After intial rapid weight loss, I have all but stalled and everyone has been telling me to up them. So I am biting the bullet and seeing what happens.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!