The 6'1 297lbs 12 year old..........................

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188342/Elijah-Earnheart-Meet-6ft-tall-297-lb-12-year-old-told-hes-big-Pee-Wee-football.html

He's a big boy. As of now he's disallowed to participate in Pee Wee football because he's past the weight limit of 135lbs. for a 7th grader. However if he was a 6th grader, he would be able to play on the offensive and defensive line only.

I'm just in awe of how big this kid is. College and NFL will be banging on his door if this kid has any athletic ability at all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I read about that yesterday. But bigger doesn't always mean better. But I wonder how big his parents are. I wish the best for the kid.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    daaaayuummm!!! And hes not even done growing
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I read about that yesterday. But bigger doesn't always mean better. But I wonder how big his parents are. I wish the best for the kid.
    Statistics will show that kids this big will have health problems later in life. NFL linemen have a way higher risk of heart disease and health issues compared to their smaller counterparts.

IDEA Fitness member
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I was already 5' 8" when I was his age. But seriously, he's a bit on the heavy side. His parents should put him in track for a couple of years until his classmates catch up to his size and he can play high school football. You can't tell me a little speed wouldn't hurt him on the football field!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Statistics will show that kids this big will have health problems later in life. NFL linemen have a way higher risk of heart disease and health issues compared to their smaller counterparts.

IDEA Fitness member

Thats rather sad to read

I do however hope the kid have a healthy life and gets to play some ball!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I was already 5' 8" when I was his age. But seriously, he's a bit on the heavy side. His parents should put him in track for a couple of years until his classmates catch up to his size and he can play high school football. You can't tell me a little speed wouldn't hurt him on the football field!

That's a really good idea - he could do some other sport (one where sheer size and bulk isnt' totally glorified) and consider it training for football later in life.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect this in Texas, football is a religion down there.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I think that weight limit is for anybody carrying the football (QB, WR, RB). My small school/town didn't have peewee, but it was instituted after I was in 8th grade (our junior varsity was 7-9th grade).

I grew up fast (5'10 180 at the end of 6th grade/12 years old) and was one of the type kids that the 135 lb rule would be in place for.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wait a sec, he can still play, he just as to move up
    Big Elijah Earnheart, from Mesquite,Texas, has been informed that because he is over 135 pounds and in the seventh grade he must automatically step-up to the school league to play with older and more experienced players.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wait a sec, he can still play, he just as to move up
    Big Elijah Earnheart, from Mesquite,Texas, has been informed that because he is over 135 pounds and in the seventh grade he must automatically step-up to the school league to play with older and more experienced players.

He doesn't want to because his friends play in the PeeWee league, and because he really doesn't know how to play football.
  • arkane321
    Options
    foosball is the devil