I really need support! :(

Options
Hi guys ! My name is Jazmine, Im new on here and im really looking for some support to drop this weight i have. Right now i am around 190 lbs and i would LOVE to get down to 150 lbs or a little lower. I am starting the c25k today! im an ok runner but i want to get better. i have a feeling that training for the 5k isnt enough cardio, so pleeease give me more tips for cardio. as for dieting i am doing the body by vi 90 day challenge, + clean eating! please let me know what you think of my plan, and feel free to share yours with me. add me on here so we can chat about a new healthy lifestylee! thanksss . much love <3

Replies

• TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym for a year (after 3 years of nothing) and haven't lost a pound.
    6 days ago I gave up sodas. I have been heavily addicted to them. Just drinking water.
    Enjoying the journey so far. I'll weigh in after 2 weeks.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site,It's awesome.i like to help you & support you Feel free to add me.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Hi guys ! My name is Jazmine, Im new on here and im really looking for some support to drop this weight i have. Right now i am around 190 lbs and i would LOVE to get down to 150 lbs or a little lower. I am starting the c25k today! im an ok runner but i want to get better. i have a feeling that training for the 5k isnt enough cardio, so pleeease give me more tips for cardio. as for dieting i am doing the body by vi 90 day challenge, + clean eating! please let me know what you think of my plan, and feel free to share yours with me. add me on here so we can chat about a new healthy lifestylee! thanksss . much love <3

Running is actually great cardio, so if I were in your shoes I'd add in some strength training rather than more cardio. Try some of the routines from www.bodyrock.tv or www.nerdfitness.com if you can't/don't want to do free weights in the gym. Strength training will help you preserve the muscle you have so you can burn that fat and look great. :)
  • jlilangel
    Options
    Running is absolutely awesome cardio. Yes, be sure to add in some strength training. I do both, I run 4-5 days a week, currently training for a 12-mile race and I do P90x for strength training. Feel free to add me for some support. You can reach your goals, keep working hard!!
  • T_Marie4
    T_Marie4 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    In my journey, I started out with the c25k also - but took me a LOT longer than 8 wks to complete!), coupled with two Jillian Michaels DVD's that I since completed, after I started Chalean Extreme but it wasn't working for me (plateau) and now I am a week into Insanity! ALMOST 20 lbs lost in the 110+ days that I've been doing this! :) Feel free to add me if you like! I'm currently reading "The Eat Clean" diet by Tosca Reno - excellent info!
  • juiicy_jaye
    Options
    I really do need some strength training. But I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do at all:/ I have access to a gym! Thanks for all the support and comments everyone!
  • dinoskycm
    dinoskycm Posts: 267
    Options
    Have you ever tried swimming? Swimming is fantastic for a full body cardio workout! I swim all the time, and I have actually wanted to start running, but I injured my knee so I'm putting that on the backburner for the time being until I can shed a few pounds, then try again. But swimming is amazing! It works muscles in your body that you never knew you had, and it's extremely low-impact! If you decide to give it a try, add me and we can exchange tips on our sports because I still really want to run, but I need to figure out how to do it without hurting myself. haha!