Not new, but looking for more motivated friends!

Options
Hey there!

As of today, I've been on MFP for 205 days. I've had great success and met some awesome people, but I've noticed half of my friends list slowly stopped logging in, or gave up on logging. And most of my friend requests are friend hoarders...LOL.

A little about me: I'm an executive assistant/event planner by day, and a cocktail waitress on the weekends. I also have a passion for photography, and run my own small business on the side. I'm also currently taking online classes to get my gen eds out of the way, then transferring to an art school to pursue my dreams.

As for my health/fitness goals:
I'm a 19 year old girl, 5'11". I'm very motivated when it comes to my weight loss. My ticker says I've lost 25 lbs, but I know it's more. I tossed the scale a couple months ago and started going by measurements and the way my clothes fit. Since then I've dropped 2 pants sizes, and feel better than ever. It's nice not being stressed over a number on the scale. I started this journey at about 205 lbs. After losing some of the fat with walking, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs (I know, I know, but it's SO fun), and 30 Day Shred (twice!), I've decided it's time to start toning. I've recently started couch to 5k, and I'm going to start 6 week 6 pack the next time I have a chance to grab it at Walmart. I'm very busy, but I'm very dedicated and truly enjoy the people I've met on this site. I have been so inspired by everyone, and I'm looking for new friends to help motivate, and be motivated by!

Send a friend request if you'd like :) I promise I'm not a friend hoarder, and I'll push you to do your best, only if you do the same for me!

Replies

• manda697
    manda697 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I feel like we kind of same the same story/goals. I am very busy with my work life and I have lost with Hip Hop abs (so fun!), but have recently gained it all back because I work in an office setting. I am very motivated and loved to be pushed, but sometimes ya just need some help, ya know? Add me if you would like to be motivation buddies.

p.s. - I'm not a friend hoarder either (I only have 4)...this isn't Facebook. ha ha
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Manda, friend request sent! I totally understand about the office setting though. I just started this job and I've been trying SO hard not to go out to eat and get coffee and all of that stuff which started my weight gain in the first place. It's a struggle, but we can do it! I would love to help you get back into high gear :) It's tough when we work so much, but we can be fit and fabulous too!
  • CortneyDub
    CortneyDub Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation! I signed up on here with a few friends, then slowly they've stopped logging in. It's a huge help for me in terms of accountability to know that there's a network of people out there watching out for each other :) feel free to add me!
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi, I'm friending you. :)
    I tried Turbo Jam a while ago and loved it, but found that while I was getting more toned and losing measurements, I wasn't really losing any weight. At that time I wasn't really watching what I was eating, so that may have been it. I've been thinking of trying it again, glad to meet someone who's had success with it. Congratulations on your weight loss, keep it up! ^_^
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello You can do anything you out your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: :happy:
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello You can do anything you out your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: :happy:

lol, way to change up the greeting there Ivan.... Try being a little more personal than just sending out a generic message to everyone in the "introduce yourself" forums. It's just creepy...
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow great dedication!!! 25lbs with such a hectic schedule is an amazing accomplishment! Working that much can definitely raise the temptation to grab some quick McDonalds or other unhealthy choices. Way to resist the urge and still find time to work out. Keep up your inspiring progress
  • chrissayya
    Options
    Friending you :) I'm look for the same thing so anyone active and positive feel free to add me!
  • ConorDBS
    Options
    Looking for some more friends for motivation. Added the OP. Others feel free to add!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    We're friends now! xD
  • GutterballT
    Options
    Well you're welcome to add me if you'd like. I log everything daily, and I kinda need more friends to help me keep motivated. I've still got 30 lbs to lose, and I'm probably gonna be a member for life lol :D It sounds like you have a lot going on though, and congrats on all you've accomplished so far!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as I am always looking for MFPals to support and motivate as well as to keep me on track.

I've a long road ahead (almost 70 lbs to lose) and the larger my circle of support the easier this path has been so far for me.
    Logging in and seeing so many successes - sharing my own - and just the overall positive energy in every comment is so powerful.

Alone the path is uncertain, but together we can accomplish anything! :bigsmile: