looking for friends; it's lonely here.

Options
I have been on here for awhile, but have made no friends. I want to get serious about this, and I need some encouragement...even going to the gym alone gets lonely.

Replies

• ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you out your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site which is awesome,i would like to support you & help you in any way.so feel frr to add me if you wish.
  • CandygyrlRN
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and just joined today! I'm still triying to figure this out... It seems easy but I'll try to make new friends along the way. I'll try to add you but if I can't feel free to add me!
  • Cdngal08
    Cdngal08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am always reading the message board, and on the site quite a bit, friends are always welcome, add me
  • miznilknarf
    Options
    Add me! I just started this week and need all the encouragement I can get! I've gained and lost the same 30 lbs. multiple times. I want to lose it for good!
  • jlilangel
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm an exercise nut and am happy to help people work hard towards reaching their goals. let's go!!!
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi.. feel free to add me too, I've been doing MFP for a month maybe and I love it! It really makes me accountable for what I eat and the friends I have here are going thru the same thing I am..not like my "Facebook" friends!!! LOL Definitely more comfort here!! Just remember this is a lifestyle change..little steps, change one thing at a time and maybe that will be easier for you!! Good luck!!
  • shinystarly
    Options
    Hi all,

I joined this site on my own and would love to be part of a support group. I'm not sure how to add people? I have a lot to lose. At last weigh in, I was 45 kilos away from my goal weight. I have lost weight before, but put it on again. Up, down, up, down, up, down. I usually get triggered by stress, life events and sometimes, by progress photos (there was a notable case where the difference between one photo and another was 17.5kgs and I couldn't see a difference between the two - it was absolutely heartbreaking).

I'm looking for people to swap stories and encouragement with. People with hints and tips on how to stay on track and motivated and people who I can help do the same on those bad/frustrating days that we all have.

Drop me a line sometime :)
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site with fantastic people! Feel free to add me. Shiny, I'll go ahead and send a FR since you're unsure how to do it. Happy weekend to all!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I log on every day, and I love exercise, so I hope I could help motivate you!
  • voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    You can add me as a friend, I'd love to chat about all things, getting healthy and all that! It's great your on your way to a healthier you!!! I work out alone all the time, I don't go to a gym, my lifestyle does not allow it but I work out at home and keep the music loud or watch really good stuff while on my elliptical.... Stay positive and know you are not alone here!!
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm in the same boat as you but need extra motivation other than when the scales make me happy!
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have a long, long way to go and am still surprised at how motivated I am - we all need some encouragement to keep going sometimes - and pushing when we feel like slowing down!! Lets do this together :happy: