Ladies that are 5'3 - Question

Options
Hey ladies,

I am curious, as a fellow 5'3 I am wondering, if anyone around 135lbs can wear a size 3/4 in American size jeans? What size is your waist and hips?

I am asking this because I'm currently wearing 5/6 I thought it was my jeans are stretch jeans but I put on the other 3 pair I have that are not stretch and they keep falling off me and I can stick my fist in them even buttoned up fresh out of the drier. I just can't picture myself in a 3/4 already. I know "Why don't you just go try them on." I do plan on it but I am just curious if this is even possible and yes I know it depends where we portion our weight. I'm what is called rectangular shape. However recently I am starting to see a form of maybe an hour glass but I'm still rectangular.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

Replies

• KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different, when I weighed 115 lbs I was hard pressed to fit a 5/6 but I've got a lot of weight in my backside. You sound a bit more evenly proportioned, go ahead and try it. Besides, pant sizes are so inconsistent these days with everything being made overseas.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    All bodies are different. I'm 5'3-5'4 and 136 and would laugh if someone handed me a 3/4! :laugh: On that note. I'm wearing a size 10 but they are too big, but am afraid to try on a 8 and have them be too small. Maybe your feeling the same? Either way, look at you! You have don't AWESOME!! WTG
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    well that's awesome no? do you not want to try a size 4? sounds like you are there. well i'm 5'3" (112 lbs). waist: 26 & hips: 34. i wear a sz 4. i'm small frame so although "some" people would say i "sound" too small, if you met me in person naked (lol) you would see i'm very petite & could stand to tone up & drop the skinny fat look. i wear skinny jeans & fit them but have that dreaded mommy muffin top. my body is still clinging onto the hips & belly fat but enough about me. hope this helps??
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My waist is a size 30 and my hips 35. I just did a jean catalog chart and according to it I'm between 5/6 and 3/4 but looks like I can fit into 3/4, I am gonna go try some on after my first shift today if I have time before my 2nd shift.

I do want to be a 3/4 but since I have never been able to even stick my big toe into a size 3/4 I'm scared that I'm gonna pick it up and laugh. Silly I know, I have never worn a 5/6 in my life either, the smallest before kids I ever was, was a 9/10. I bought my first 7/8's the week before I found out I was pregnant with my son lol.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Sadly not even dreaming of that size right now. I'm 5'3 and I'm still in a 10, making my way down to an 8. I'd try the next size down, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't fit!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Well I tried on a pair of 3/4's and yup I can wear them :)