30 Day Shred-Day 1

Options
OMG, I survived! I totally love this workout! The only thing I can't do is the jumping jacks. With being large breasted, it hurts, no matter what type of bra I wear. I did the modified version of them-the arm movements and just kicking my heels out. I burned 294 calories!!!

Curious to hear what size weights you all started using. Since I'm new to weight training, I started with 2 lbs, but I think it's too light.

YAY me!

Replies

• BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I started with 5lbs but took it down to 2... Some of the exercises like the rows and the chest fly I still use 5. I want to work to getting them all up to 5lb weights. Good Luck :-)
  • Amandarae119
    Amandarae119 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use 3 lb weights and feel the burn lol
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have 3 lbs too, but one is missing....guess I'll have to go buy another one. I think it's hanging out with the mismatched socks....
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started with using 3lbs. It is such a great 20 minute workout. Don't worry I had the same issues with the jumping jacks lol....I wear two sports bras. Just keep moving during the jumping jacks try doing back kicks or something modified. Although Jillian says there are no modified jumping jacks LOL
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    finished today, I gotta say it surprised me on how difficult it gets, but a great workout in my opinion. I live in a trailer and I think I'm gonna go through the floor every time I do rock star jumps! haha gonna start ripped in 30 on monday

8 pounds down, 6 inches total lost over the 30 days so I'd call it a success :) good luck to you all

used 5 pound weights on level 1, 10 on level 2, 15 on level 3
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started with no weeight n just decided to start it over with 3lb weights ... I am starting again Monday.. WTG!
  • amybachhuber
    Options
    It is a wonderful workout! I use two lbs during the workout and 8 lbs for the chest flies in level one.

How do you know how many calories you burn??
  • tlo23
    tlo23 Posts: 68
    Options
    good job!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I use 2 lb weights, but think I'm going to start with my 3 lber's! Not quite ready to advance to the 5's ....unless it's for the flies! I love this DVD!
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started with 3lbs. I am on Day 8. It is easier now! I heard people not really adding 5lbs until level 3. I had the same problem with the bra. I wear a Sports bra, but when I wear just a regular shirt it hurts. When I wear my exercise shirt that has built in bra it seems not to hurt(along with sports bras). Trust me when I say this: Get a sports bra that is either a size smaller or a size larger. I could show you my 7 day results if you like to see them.
  • flajocar
    flajocar Posts: 37
    Options
    Just received the DVD and am starting tomorrow. will start with 5 lb weights.
  • jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    Options
    I started with no weeight n just decided to start it over with 3lb weights ... I am starting again Monday.. WTG!

I plan on starting it Monday also. I have been a little scared because I usually don't follow videos very well but I have been reviewing the routine on Youtube and decided its something I could probably do. I have seen alot of success stories on this site about using 30DS...so I will put my fears aside and do it. Good Luck!!! :drinker:
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OMG, I survived! I totally love this workout! The only thing I can't do is the jumping jacks. With being large breasted, it hurts, no matter what type of bra I wear. I did the modified version of them-the arm movements and just kicking my heels out. I burned 294 calories!!!

Curious to hear what size weights you all started using. Since I'm new to weight training, I started with 2 lbs, but I think it's too light.

YAY me!

I'm also large chested and I've found the Old Navy compression sports tops do the best job of keeping me from bouncing too much. I have the racer style and it works wonders.

I started out using 3lb weights for everything. Unfortunately, I've screwed up my shoulder and now can't use weights on the level 1 shoulder raises, the level 2 rows, or the level 2 V-flies. (Haven't tried level 3 yet)

Congrats on getting started with this program! You'll definitely see results if you stick with it!
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    OK....couple of things...... I just finished Day 3 of level 1 and am loving it so far! Day 2 was definitely harder than 1 or 3! Here is my 2 cents...for what it is worth to you!

1) Bra......As a 36DDD/38DD woman I can not tell you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Moving Comforts Juno sports bra! It is worth EVERY penny!! Mine is a 38DD and the girls stay supported, jumping jacks are NO PROBLEM and there is NO uni-boob issue! I also do Zumba several times a week and this bra is amazing in class!! GO GET ONE OR TWO!!!

2) Weights..... I have been using 5lbs(cuz its the lightest I have) and am working hard but OK except for the last circuit with the front raises. I do as much as I can then put them down. I do have 8lbs that I may use in the chest flies. Those are the easiest for me.

I should probably count my days out and see when my Grand FInale is!!