Best investment ever! HRM

Options
People looking for a HRM. The polar FT4 is amazing. I first bought the MIO Classic because it was less expensive, but it was too complicated, and when I wanted to check my heart rate I had to press down two buttons, and that's hard to do if I on an exercise machine where you need to hold on with both hands. The FT4 is so simple to use, you really don't even need the instruction book, and it still tells you how many calories you burned, and all the fun stuff. Also it is lighter. The MIO was really heavy on my wrist. LOVE IT!

Replies

• MrsLeyva11
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! My hubs did some research on finding a good one, and he was pretty set on the FT4 for me, but now you just sealed the deal :) You rock!
  • kaatielove
    kaatielove Posts: 113
    Options
    I love my FT4.. and I agree with you, BEST investment ever!!! Congratulations :-)
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I will also agree wtih the OP, I love my FT7 99% of the time. lol Hands down has helped me along the way since there is no guessing on what I burn.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • Lorrsi22
    Lorrsi22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I recently purchased a polar hrm, but its the basic model, it works a treat but doesn't give you the calories burned unfortunately. Does anyone know if there is a way of calculating the cal burned just by the heart rate? or should I be less frugal n spend more £££ on a better model?? haha

Lorr
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Hi there, I recently purchased a polar hrm, but its the basic model, it works a treat but doesn't give you the calories burned unfortunately. Does anyone know if there is a way of calculating the cal burned just by the heart rate? or should I be less frugal n spend more £££ on a better model?? haha

Lorr

There are countless web sites and apps to calculate calories burned via heart rate. Which is why I choose the Polar FT1 and then I purchased the

BEST INVESTMENT EVER - a GYMBOSS timer, with all the money I saved.

Plus some cables. Which was nice.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I too love my Polar FT7 but i've never had a HRM before so not much to compare it to. I did do research before I bought though. It is everything I had hoped it would be!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Thanks for telling me :) I really want one for Christmas :)
  • ultracatgirl
    Options
    I have a polar for years now that is super basic although it has more features then the ones I used 12 years ago when I was studying Physical fitness and is like half the price.

I love it- it works well and the strap is comfortable to wear. when it dies- i will be getting another one.

I had a timex one but i don't find the strap as comfortable although I do like the watch part better then the polar one. I liked the extra features that the timex one had but i think because of the simplity of my polar hrm, i found the timex a bit tricky to run. But if you don't have anything to compare it too either is a nice heart rate monitor...

if you run..your next best investment is a GPS watch...Garmin will tell you all sorts of great stuff that is helpful!

also I have been told that Polar's customer service for their HRM is awesome and that they treat you well.
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! My hubs did some research on finding a good one, and he was pretty set on the FT4 for me, but now you just sealed the deal :) You rock!

My daughter has the FT4 and loves it. I struggled with the choice of the FT4 or FT7. The FT4 is excellent. I finally decided on the FT7 for 2 primary reasons. It shows a graph including both Fat Burn & Fitness at a glance, (Chooses that rate each time based on the current heart rate. Also records the minutes in each zone for easy single look reference.). The other reason was a larger file recovery with weekly summeries. Also IF you want, you can link it to your cpu for upload or dload. I got my wife & myself the FT7 and we love it! Not alot of difference in the 2, but a couple more nice features with the FT7 IF you want them for about $10 more. Amazon has as good a price as you will find. :wink:
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    I just bought the FT7. I can't wait to try it out.