Who else is ready to be happily pissed off at life?

Options
I'm pissed.

There I said it.

I'm pissed about my personal life. I'm pissed about my body. I'm pissed about my lack of exercise recently. I'm pissed that I've been eating meat the last year or so, against my personal beliefs. I'm pissed that it's taken me this long to get pissed enough to do something about it.

But I'm grateful I'm pissed enough to do something about it.

Who else is "POSITIVELY" pissed? What pissed you off? And what are you planning to do about it?

Let's make the next little while *awesome*.

Replies

• ladybird_
    ladybird_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

All the above, plus I am pissed that I have not done anything to fix it.

I am pulling out my Insanity videos and making a new commitment to myself, and logging again
  • sevfam
    sevfam Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Im right there with ya!! I'm pissed at how lazy I have become. Im pissed its all my fault! Im pissed that I can't eat whatever I want!

Today starts a new day for me, no more hating my body. Time to get off my *kitten* and do it!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Basically everything you said except I've been eating cheese lately rather than being vegan. It makes me feel so gross but it's like a drug, once I start eating cheese I can't stop and then feel really ashamed. I binged on pizza the last couple of days. Now, I'm going to some detoxing the next few days which includes some major cardio to sweat this crap out and renew my resolve to be vegan. Thanks for this post, sometimes you need to get pissed to change :)
  • sevfam
    sevfam Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for new friends that post everyday to help keep me on track. So please, if your a poster, friend me Lol!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    So embrace your darkside and use that anger energy for something positive....like getting into shape and being more healthy!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    So embrace your darkside and use that anger energy for something positive....like getting into shape and being more healthy!

That's the point of the post. :) To be "positively" pissed.
  • enewsome2
    Options
    Basically everything you said except I've been eating cheese lately rather than being vegan. It makes me feel so gross but it's like a drug, once I start eating cheese I can't stop and then feel really ashamed. I binged on pizza the last couple of days. Now, I'm going to some detoxing the next few days which includes some major cardio to sweat this crap out and renew my resolve to be vegan. Thanks for this post, sometimes you need to get pissed to change :)

I don't blame you. I have tried to become vegan before, and it didn't work for me. Cheese is the devil! Esp goat cheese *drools* lol.

But you can do this!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Eh, yesterday was the dark of the moon, so a lot of stuff seemed to come up for people, but lately I REALLY try to do something about what bugs me: if I eat too many smartpuffs, say, I either do not do it again, or I make it an actual meal so the camories don't wreck me up, and if I am whining about looking bad or whatever, I try new natural or organic stuff that is supposed to improve my skin and I talk to my girfriend who does makeup for Bon Jovi to see what she recommends, etc. (just to report, she loves the g-machine that shakes you while you lie on the floor, and the palomar starlux laser skin treatments, which seem a little too steep for me right now! I would wait until we find out if that stuff messes you up longterm or anything) If I feel a little poor, I give a little money away, plus I put a little money away. I hate to feel powerless, so I think that getting to work on what bugs me is the most helpful. Being helpless and doing nothing is to me much worse than trying something and failing a little--*shrug*
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    You couldn't have said it better! I am right there with you, even the point about eating meat lol! I've slipped up a little this year myself. I'm pissed cause I thought my life would get a better once I lost weight, which to some degree it has.... but I've worked myself out of a job, so I'm unemployed. I thought my social life would get better, and I ended up losing friends over my weight loss. I've met and made some new friends, but it's not like I am really happy with my social life. I'm also pissed because with all the time and work I've put in, I should be further along, my body should be better, my performance should be better, my health should be better than where it's at. But all of that is motivating me to keep going.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I'm with you sister! Though "happily pissed" is somewhat an oxymoron to me. I tend to get pissed at myself sometimes, and I don't mean happily! But rather than stew in the anger, I redirect it and use it to climb out. For instance, I was getting tired on the treadmill yesterday, and I used my "being pissed at myself" feelings to keep working out and keep burning cals. It worked!
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    I'm pissed that it took me a decade to start doing what I do now. I had no reason to be lazy, I like working out. Why did I stop ? that pisses me. My self induced coma pisses me.
    The other day I actually slapped myself while running, who told you to slow down !? and that was in the last 10 minutes of a two hour run. I am never letting go now.
  • enewsome2
    Options

I'm with you sister! Though "happily pissed" is somewhat an oxymoron to me. I tend to get pissed at myself sometimes, and I don't mean happily! But rather than stew in the anger, I redirect it and use it to climb out. For instance, I was getting tired on the treadmill yesterday, and I used my "being pissed at myself" feelings to keep working out and keep burning cals. It worked!

Pissed and heavily motivated are the same thing for me. Lol. I hope I'm not bi-polar or something. ;)
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    I'm pissed that my mum and step dad can't be a little more supportive of me.
    I've explained every day how 'healthy eating' works but because they've seen me fail at fads along with any other dieter they know... they think I'm going that way too.
    Apparently just being healthy is a fad too.
    This coming from people with high blood pressure and diet induced diabetes.

I'm not going to take it to heart anymore. I only see them every few months and the next time will probably be christmas. I'll prove them wrong.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Eh, yesterday was the dark of the moon, so a lot of stuff seemed to come up for people, but lately I REALLY try to do something about what bugs me: if I eat too many smartpuffs, say, I either do not do it again, or I make it an actual meal so the camories don't wreck me up, and if I am whining about looking bad or whatever, I try new natural or organic stuff that is supposed to improve my skin and I talk to my girfriend who does makeup for Bon Jovi to see what she recommends, etc. (just to report, she loves the g-machine that shakes you while you lie on the floor, and the palomar starlux laser skin treatments, which seem a little too steep for me right now! I would wait until we find out if that stuff messes you up longterm or anything) If I feel a little poor, I give a little money away, plus I put a little money away. I hate to feel powerless, so I think that getting to work on what bugs me is the most helpful. Being helpless and doing nothing is to me much worse than trying something and failing a little--*shrug*

Had to comment. I'm having treatments with the Palomar Lux 1540 and it's only $150 a session. It's through a school where Dr. Rn's etc come to learn how to use lasers. You should also look into Ematrix, it's another non ablative type of procedure.

I know this particular school has several locations around the country that does low cost treatments to the public.
  • SSSLLLX3
    SSSLLLX3 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm pissed that I let myself gain fat. I'm pissed that I can't keep myself motivated al the time. I'm pissed that I don't enjoy cooking. I'm pissed that I worry too much. I'm pissed that a guy exhaled all his cigarette smoke in my face while crossing the street! AGH.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm pissed too. I'm pissed off with things out of my control health wise. I'm pissed that I have celiac and have to watch my family enjoy things while I can't, I'm pissed that I can't eat meat, eggs or dairy without getting sick. And I'm pissed at myself for feeling whiny because it's not the end of the world and could be worse.

And I'm pissed that I let myself gain so much weight to begin with. I'm pissed that I haven't tried harder in the last 3 years since gaining the weight. I'm pissed with some family members.

And I'm going to use my pissed-offness for good. I'm going to embrace my new dietary restrictions and make my body healthier. I'm going to work my butt off and lose the weight. I'm going to remind myself every time I reach for a bag if chips or don't feel like going to the gym WHY I'm doing this.
  • enewsome2
    Options
    ^ I love you two ladies. We can totally do this together! I know you are both so strong :)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Yes, many things in life are making me feel pissed off right now. Myself, others, job, just LIFE. I am very much in LIFE SUCKS mode right now.
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am defeinitely pissed enough to do something about it ;) Good luck to you!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how pissed I am, but I hate almost everything about my life... Does that count? I'm very pissed at my coworkers every day, so maybe that's enough to qualify. :)