hello been told this is a good site / app

my name is Susan and I have just downloaded the app to my phone and also found it online. I do ww as well but i am wondering if i should only do the one app/site.
Anyway I look forward to losing gradually and sensibly and stopping my nibble attacks x

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Hi Susan and welcome!

Some people find it tricky to combine with WW - largely because of the "fruit doesn't count" debate!

But you'll find plenty of people on here who DO do both, so you could certainly give it a go and see how you get on.

Good luck!
  • Welcome to the madhouse and good luck!
  • soumont
    soumont Posts: 21
    this site seems easier to do but may do both and go with the easier inputting option - as a nrse the mobile app for this site works for me.
    And thank you for your support too. Any support needed in return glad to give x
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Welcome!! I love the App on my phone and find it very helpful. I try to plug in what I eat as soon as possible that way I don't forget. I am shocked sometimes when I see how many calories certain things have. Hope you find this App/site helpful. Again, welcome!!!
  • I have tried many different diets, and when I found this website, something just clicked and I've been losing the pounds ever since :) I love MFP, hopefully you will too!
  • psse01
    psse01 Posts: 29 Member
    I use the mobile app during the week and like Christylee76 I post my food immediately. It has made a HUGE difference in how I plan my day. I come to the website on the weekends (my second actually) to socialize with all of the wonderful people who have the same ultimate goal as I, to lose weight and get fit! Combining what works for you is fine. I think the basic premise that you burn what you consume is the key...how you go about it is individualized and I know, speaking for myself, that I can use all the support and advice that I can get. It's a matter of taking it all in and using whatever works best for me.

We can do this!
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Yes its good! Welcome! If u want to mess with another site,MFP wont be jealous and break up with you. If u do let us know how u like it
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Hi Susan and welcome. I use both the mobile app and website and things wok fine. I tend to us the mobile app if I need to enter a new food so I can us the scanner or if I am out.

Good luck an if you need a fiend for support please feel to add me.

Mark
  • 1980karen
    1980karen Posts: 92 Member
    I'm still trying to find my way round this site. Prefer the full version to app. Does help tho:-)
  • soumont
    soumont Posts: 21
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome x I like the idea of the App as I do forget foods I have had so that is why I have put weight back on. I tend to treat myself to crisps and dips at weekend so I either have to up my exercise (which I plan to do) or swap them for a healthier variety x