Multiple Intelligences Test

Options
monicalosesweight
monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
This is an interesting link. If you answer the questions and finish them (it's about three pages), it creates a graph that shows whether how 'smart' you are when it comes to interpreting the world based on a variety of learning styles. It even produces a neat chart and a code so you can pull it up anytime. If any of you have kids at home, they tend to love this sort of thing. It's fun for adults too. It's only about three pages of questions so don't panic when you hit next, next, and next.

http://www.bgfl.org/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks3/ict/multiple_int/what.cfm

People fall under eight different types of learning smarts: linguistic, kinaesthetic, musical, intrapersonal, interpersonal, linguistic, naturalistic, visual/spacial, and logical number smart.

You can even run a report to see how you compare to certain populations all around the world.

Replies

• Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    What were your results? I got Visual Spatual (Picture smart) and Music (Musical smart) both equally at the highest percentage that you can get on both. And then Linguistic (Word smart) at about a smidgen under what the other two read. But I already knew this. I get the same results in every kind of test like this that I take. I'm not book smart, I am creative. My brother got the brains and I got the talent haha.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Mine in order of highest to lowest percentage:

Intrapersonal
    Musical
    Interpersonal
    Kinaesthetic
    Visual/Spatial
    Linguistic-Logical (same level)
    Naturalistic
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    Mine in order of highest to lowest percentage:

Intrapersonal
    Musical
    Interpersonal
    Kinaesthetic
    Visual/Spatial
    Linguistic-Logical (same level)
    Naturalistic
    I didn't even get any of the others even in a small percentage I don't think lol. I call do-overs haha.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    For me, I was surprised I was fairly even across the board with percentages. Must be an all rounder! Hahaha.

Nah, my socio-emotional intelligence far outweighs my academic abilities.
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I LOVE things like this! I wonder what it is that's so satisfying about filling out a survey? My results (in order of highest to lowest):

Linguistic
    Logical - Interpersonal (tie)
    Music
    Intrapersonal
    Naturalistic
    Kinaesthetic
    Visual/Spacial

None of that was a huge surprise, although it's a bit disconcerting to see that I'm better with other people than I am with myself (there is a pretty big gap between my interpersonal and intrapersonal scores).
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    almost completely equal right the way round the curve here, except musical which is about 1/2 the rest! (no surprise there, to anyone who's seen me dance or sing :) )
  • Anastasia0511
    Options
    I LOVE things like this! I wonder what it is that's so satisfying about filling out a survey? My results (in order of highest to lowest):
    Surveys are addicting. I remember back in the days of Myspace and all the surveys that people would post. I know people were deleting me off of their friends list left and right because of how many I'd fill out in a hour lol. They're just fun to do. Doesn't even really matter what the survey is about lol I still do them.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    HAAHAAHAA Completely NOT surprised that my top by a HUGE margin was linguistics. :laugh:

I joke with my husband that I can take the shortest story every and make it a novel. I probably use 5times the amount of words per day than the average female.

My poor husband.:tongue:
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Oops. I forgot to post my code. :)

Here's what came up for me: vn4x633518sz

Naturalistic - real high
    Visual/Spacial - real high
    Intrapersonal (Myself Smart)
    Kinaesthetic and Linguistic were the same
    Logical
    Interpersonal
    Musical

It is sorta fun to take these kinds of tests. I've always been more introverted so I'm not surprised to see lower scores on people stuff. I'm definitely into nature big time so I wasn't surprised that was off the charts. I guess that means I'm a lone wolf obsessing about the health of the world. LOL. Granted, these tests score you based on what you selected. I suspect I always pick high or low on certain question. Either way, I'm happy you guys enjoyed it. It's neat to see a big graph pop up when you do this stuff.

Something else which is fun is that you can actually compare yourself to others by going to the results tab and selecting populations from around the world. :happy:

• Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fun little test! Thanks
    I (qfl4pbm6h33523) was:

Word 17
    Number 20
    People 20
    Myself 24
    Music 14
    Picture 25
    Nature 22
    Body 20
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Cool test!
    17 - Linguistic
    17 - Naturalistic
    19 - Kinaesthetic, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Musical
    20 - Logical
    25 - Visual/Spatial
  • Minnoke
    Minnoke Posts: 26
    Options
    I didn't complete it, but to me this seems more like a personality test rather than an intelligence test.
  • sarahleeroy
    Options
    My top one was numbers and logic, and second one was kinaesthetic. Makes sense since I'm a nurse!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    HAAHAAHAA Completely NOT surprised that my top by a HUGE margin was linguistics. :laugh:

I joke with my husband that I can take the shortest story every and make it a novel. I probably use 5times the amount of words per day than the average female.

My poor husband.:tongue:
    LOL! That is my daughter! we always check our fake watches on our wrist when she starts a story. She just doesn't now how to edit, you might not get it if she edits.
  • Newlyunlabeled
    Options
    I have seen variations of this in the past but never with the naturalistic category--and oddly enough, that's what I scored highest in by far! Well, not odd that I scored high because I knew that about myself, but odd because I've never seen it and it seems to be my category.
    Intrapersonal was second. Also true.
    Good quiz--thanks for sharing that, OP!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    My two highest percentages were Nature Smart, and Body Smart
    the next four were very close and only a little lower than the first two.. Word Smart, Logical, Interpersonal, Intrapersonal
    My two lowest were Picture Smart, and Music Smart

ETA my code: xs4633586m
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    These are always fun! I got

Linguistic/Intrapersonal - 21
    Visual-Spatial/Interpersonal - 17
    Logical/Kineasthetic - 16
    Musical - 15
    Naturalistic - 14
  • UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    Options
    They should rename it how smart do you think you are. Because those questions can't determine how smart an individual is.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I didn't complete it, but to me this seems more like a personality test rather than an intelligence test.

Agreed on the personality.. but it's still fun.
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    Very cool! I've taken these since I started the education program at my college. They are types of intelligences; it goes along with Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences.

I'm mostly linguistic and intrapersonal. No surprise, since I teach English and work in sales. ;)