Jeans for pear-shaped women

Options
shannajojo
shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
I have the hardest time with jeans. I have a small waist, big hips, and thighs and small calves. The problem with most jeans is that they are too big in the waist, and tight on my thighs, so if I go to Lane Bryant, their jeans are too big in the waist. So far, Target has been the best place for me to find jeans. I'm a size 18 close to 20 right now.

Where do you ladies buy your jeans?

Replies

• ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I get Big Star Jeans at the Buckle. They are kind of pricey but they fit me good (No waist gap) and come with the 36-37 inch inseam that I need.
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    I'm a pear, too! My current jeans are a size 11 from the junior's section at Kohl's. They seem to fit better around the waist and have more stretch to the booty and legs.
  • sarahleeroy
    Options
    Eddie Bauer curvy jeans! They are expensive, but a lifsaver. There is never a gap in the waste, and they are comfy and flattering.
  • akaRocque
    akaRocque Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Walmart Just My Size. They fit my budget and my shortness.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I always had this problem, plus the issue that I was short, so the jeans were almost always too long. Fortunately since I've lost weight it's easier for me to find pants that fit properly. The one brand I used to rely on because they always fit recently changed their sizing though. The GAP has been pretty good to me recently though.
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    DKNY Soho- stretch boot cut.
    http://www.dkny.com/search?q=soho+boot
    Best. Jeans. Ever! Macy's carries them.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue ... Ugh. The denizem/denizen (spelling) it's a Levi's stretch jean found at target seem to fit the best and sit a little higher without looking like mom jeans. That seems to help with the gap. I got mine from target , I'm sure there are more expensive jeans out there that will fit better , but I don't have a clothing sugar daddy ... Lol. I am also rather tall 5'11 and change so not only do I have to contend with my hips, thighs and butt but I also have problems finding them long enough. Apparently jean makers think all women size 16 and larger are petite :grumble:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    old navy "the diva". they sit below the waist, so I don't get that stupid waist gap at the back.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ann Taylor has nice dark denim trouser style jeans. I'm very pear.... and I like "Signature" fit, although they do also offer a "Curvy" fit as well. They offer these cuts in a lot of their slacks and suits as well (wish they did skirts and dresses like this, too!), so I buy work clothes there as well. Trouser style will have a full leg the whole way down and look great in flats or with cute wedges to dress them up a little.

I have the waist taken in in almost everything (Including my Signature fit trouser denims) - I just go to my corner dry cleaner for these alterations. I'd rather have fewer clothes and spend the money to get them tailored than have a closet full of clothes I don't feel comfortable in.

For more casual pants, I wear a lot of LUCY brand - they have lots of lightweight casual pants with drawstring waists (I also wear them for hiking, too), in addition to workout clothes. The fit is relaxed and the quality is great - they last with very regular wear for years.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have big legs, big behind, and a small waist. The only kind of jeans that work for me is Levi's 505. They fit everywhere!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have found that Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) bootcut fit me perfectly, and I normally have the small waist, big hips problem.
  • Buffdrita
    Options
    Lucky Brand "Sophia" jeans are the only ones I've ever found that fit right off the rack w/out alterations. ALL of my pants/jeans have to be altered in the waist... makes for very expensive pants!
  • gigi9887
    Options
    I love arden b jeans. They are a little pricy but worth it because it hugs and accentuates without making you look inappropriate. :)
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Pear-shaped bump!
  • Icaw
    Icaw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga Jeans.
    But, If you want to reaaaallllyyy spoil yourself give Not Your Daughter's Jeans a go. I know many curvy women that swear by them.

http://www.nydj.com/
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Old navy.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    Ann Taylor has nice dark denim trouser style jeans. I'm very pear.... and I like "Signature" fit, although they do also offer a "Curvy" fit as well. They offer these cuts in a lot of their slacks and suits as well (wish they did skirts and dresses like this, too!), so I buy work clothes there as well. Trouser style will have a full leg the whole way down and look great in flats or with cute wedges to dress them up a little.

I have the waist taken in in almost everything (Including my Signature fit trouser denims) - I just go to my corner dry cleaner for these alterations. I'd rather have fewer clothes and spend the money to get them tailored than have a closet full of clothes I don't feel comfortable in.

For more casual pants, I wear a lot of LUCY brand - they have lots of lightweight casual pants with drawstring waists (I also wear them for hiking, too), in addition to workout clothes. The fit is relaxed and the quality is great - they last with very regular wear for years.

This.

The problem is not our bodies. It is that we are all built differently. Tailor the clothes to fit your shape.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    American Eagle, Ann Taylor Loft, Apple Bottom, & Miss Me Jeans. I've had the waist gap problem my whole life until I discovered these brands. The "curvy" cuts are always too baggy for me, so those don't work either--right idea, wrong execution for my body.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Eddie Bauer curvy jeans! They are expensive, but a lifsaver. There is never a gap in the waste, and they are comfy and flattering.

These!

I also love the " #4 fit " jeans at Target and the curvy fit jeans at Charlotte Russe.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Levi's Curve ID. They are made for your exact shape. It's called the bold curve pants.