No Longer Obese!

Options
I've been on this weight loss journey for about 7 months now. It's been slow going, but I've been making steady progress. I just calculated my BMI, and I'M NO LONGER OBESE!! My BMI is back below 30. I can't even remember the last time I was in the overweight category. I'm so happy!

Replies

• lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I am still considered overweight by my bmi.... but I am in a size 6-8.... so go figure!
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    that is SOOOO AWESOME!! i am VERY, VERY happy for you!! i can't wait til i can post a topic like this!! keep going!!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've been on this weight loss journey for about 7 months now. It's been slow going, but I've been making steady progress. I just calculated my BMI, and I'M NO LONGER OBESE!! My BMI is back below 30. I can't even remember the last time I was in the overweight category. I'm so happy!

Congratulations & Very Excitied for you:):) :flowerforyou:
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. Great job!!! I remember when mine did that just no to long ago and I was so thrilled. Keep it up!!
  • jaj68
    jaj68 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL! I have lost 22 and decided to recheck mine.....still obese...but inching downward.:bigsmile:
  • CopperGalaxy
    CopperGalaxy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's great well done. It's such a good feeling isnt it! I started at 82kg which JUST tipped me into obese...I had randomly checked my BMI one day a short while ago out of curiosity since my friends were talking about the recent development of the "global fat scale"....couldn't actually believe I was classed as obese! It was the shock I needed lol

Tipped into overweight category a couple of weeks ago, never thought i'd be so glad to be "overweight" haha!
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! Great news :)
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yahoo :) Congrats!!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

and for the record I HATE the BMI scale.. since it doesnt help calculate muscle mass :) hehe but..I really hate ANY chart that makes me put my weight in..

:heart:
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! That's quite a milestone! Don't forget to celebrate!
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Congratulations! Like you, I have been in the Obese category as long as I can remember. I also hit the overweight category just a few weeks ago. I almost felt like crying. Keep up the good work. It is not easy, but each milestone is to be treasured and makes the efforts just a bit easier. Keep inspiring those who think it can't be done.
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well done. I've dropped from 34.4 to 29.4 in 12 weeks so I'm just out of the big O category as well. Feel so much better myself. You should be proud!
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is a great feeling keep up the good work.
    A not so funny story I am 64 and I guess shrinking a bit my BMI on my scale with my height as 5' 10 dropped to 29. 6 I was thrilled next Drs appt measured my height now 5'9 BMI back to 31 at shorter height obese again GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR not happy
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great work and dedication!
  • kindlewalker
    kindlewalker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm looking forward dropping below the obese level in a couple of months. You are an inspiration!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    oh I look forward to those days..I've been morbidly obese for so long.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    WooHoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    I'm about 14 lbs away from that myself and can not wait.

Good for you.
    Great effort.:glasses: :glasses:happy: :happy: :happy: :
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • dobielover1
    Options
    Definitely an accomplishment to be proud of!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!:drinker:
  • RobynBourgeois
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!