Out of the Mouths of Babes

Options
MCproptart
MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
Yesterday a kindergartener was in my office waiting for his dad to pick him up from school. He was looking around at various pictures asking who this was or who that was. He pointed to one of me "Behind Bars for Good" (MDA) last September and asked, "Is that your dad?"
"No, Honey, that one's my dad, with the beard."
"Then who is that?"
"That's me."
He squinted up at the picture, looked back at me, looked back at the picture and said, "Did you used to be fat?"

Bless that child!

Replies

• mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Sitting in a house closing appointment and the other family had brought there 4 year old son. During some waiting time, the dad is working to keep the son engaged. They started looking at an animal book. Dad asks son sound associations.

D - "What does a cow say?" Kid - "Moo"
    D - "What does a sheep say?" Kid "Baaa"
    D - "What does grammy say?" Kid "WALTER!!" (apparently Grandpa's name is a popular one!)
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    LOL. Love this story. :)
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    when my now 15 year old was 4 he saw me doing crunches on the floor .... he says "why are you doing that" I replied "I am trying to get skinny" ... he says "oh, its not working yet"
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!!! my daughter loves to tell me how small like a baby i'm getting and how big she's getting! 'i grow big and mommy grows small'
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Mine is always asking 'is this healthy to eat?' - but he's at like 15% for weight and 25% for height - so basically he can eat anything. I put pre-cooked bacon in his scrambled eggs but not mine - 'bacon is healthy for me, right?' - Yes, yes it is.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Another non fitness one. My friend was driving her 6 yr old son. A squirrel runs across the street in front of the car - Son "mommy be careful of the squirrel - don't squish his nuts"
  • marrizia
    marrizia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh, that is a great one! Love it! Thanks for sharing this :)
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter had chicken pox at 4 years old and gave them to her father - He had a terrible case. One day she was with her nana at the grocery store and a teenager with a pretty bad case of acne was in the line behind them and she asks Nana -"Did he get my chicky pox too?"
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    my daughter is 6 when she was 4 she came up to me while i was working out in a sports bra and grabs my tummy and says its so squish please dont lose your squish.

then when my daughter was playing tag with my husband. He ran into the bathroom and pulled my bra to close the door and she screams "dad dont pull moms boobs you will ruin them" so apparently i hang my boobs on the bathroom door lmao

oh and the other day my sister wispered to my daughter dont be a fibber and my daughter goes what you have a boner???? omg my sister was trying not to die laughing cause my daughter has no idea what she said of course lmao
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Love it! I used to hate to have pics taken but now Iike those old photos to be visible so I can remember that I don't ever want to be her again!!
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a kindergartener was in my office waiting for his dad to pick him up from school. He was looking around at various pictures asking who this was or who that was. He pointed to one of me "Behind Bars for Good" (MDA) last September and asked, "Is that your dad?"
    "No, Honey, that one's my dad, with the beard."
    "Then who is that?"
    "That's me."
    He squinted up at the picture, looked back at me, looked back at the picture and said, "Did you used to be fat?"

Bless that child!

That's awesome! Way to make a change!
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My son was 4, at the doctor's office getting his physical for kindergarten.

Nurse was asking him questions, such as his age, what his name was, why my name was, his sister's...

She turns to me and starts asking about his health history--if he'd ever had mumps, strep throat, any allergies...she then asks me if he'd ever had chicken pox.

He looks at her and says "NO, but I've had chicken pot pie"

The nurse had to remove herself from the room so she could laugh.

:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!