Hi, im back, more on race/ethnicity =)

Options

Replies

• toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    First gen. American. Known ancestry: Thai, Chinese, Mexican, Native American of some sort, Spanish, German, & French.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    By blood I am Mozambican, 100% on both sides

Canadian on paper =)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    60% Spanish-Mexican, 30% Filipino, 10% Native American (Aztec) but my nationality is Filipino.

EDIT: My grandma on Dad's side came from Andalucia, Spain (particularly Malaga) which explains my Middle Eastern/Indian look
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Irish German Scottish English French Austrian Polish and Native American.

Mostly Irish and German but my maternal grandfathers surname and family are big in Scotland. There is a family tree that dates back to 1600 Scotland and I am on it. :) It's kind of cool.

It also states that someone with my mothers maiden name from Northern Ireland married someone with my fathers surname in the 1850s...in New jersey (we are all from NYC). It's super weird since both are uncommon names in the US. Would that make my parents distant relatives? Kind of creepy, but their families never knew each other or anything.

I kind of think that might be why I was born with a very rare medical condition...1 in 200,000 babies are born with it and it takes 2 of the recessive genes (1 per parent) to make it happen.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I am American. Why doesn't anyone ever say that?

I am second generation Italian-American. I look at it like this- there is ONE group that can claim they are "Americans," the same group that had their tribes slaughtered, women raped and land stolen by European settlers hundreds of years ago. The rest of us are descendants of emigrants from somewhere else living on that same stolen land. My family's history in America goes back about 60 years, whereas the family history in Italy goes back 300 or so years. That's the reason I personally refer to myself as a hyphenated American.
    Same goes in my case & which is why I always refer to myself as a hyphenated Filipino. I know Filipino isn't a race but over 95+% are native Asians (Malays & Chinese to be exact) which makes them the true Filipinos & also the stereotypical ones that foreigners only know.
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Italian. My dads family are from Italy my moms the east coast lol.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    nice to see soo many different ppl on here. Guess ppl of my nationality dnt diet (lol) or just not on MFP *giggles*
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    My Dad is English&my Mum is Irish.
    I'm English :)
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    African-American and Irish-American over here. Although my face somehow is bright blue and white...I'll never understand these crazy genetics.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am American with German/Irish background
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm American with mainly German, Welsh, Black Dutch, Cherokee, and Choctaw Native American heritage.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    native(senica) amarican+irish(catholic) amarican= me!:bigsmile:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Dad=Filipino Mom=Puerto Rican
    That makes me Puertopino or Filarican

I speak fluent Spanish and English. I tried Tagalog/Ilocano, but no luck...sorry dad. Some words are the same:)
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Irish..surprising? huh ;)
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm Texan :wink:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I find it very odd the way Americans so often refer to themselves as '1/16th Cherokee; 1/24th White Russian; 1/3 Irish'... what's that about? I don't know any other nation that does that. (And that's not because the US is somehow uniquely an immigrant culture, before anyone suggests that's the answer.... )
  • crazybunnychick
    crazybunnychick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a mutt lol.
    I was born in Germany, but I'm American lol
    My father is French, German and Native American (Blackfoot and Powatomee) and my mother is Dominican, French, Swedish, African and German :P
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 1st generation Canadian. Both of my parents were born in Jamaica. There is Indian, Irish and Scottish in there but that's from the grandparents and beyond (and that is also where I get the freckles :smile: )
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    English, English ... end of really :-) as far back as I know where born in england
  • intergalactick
    intergalactick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm Italian-American for the most part but I guess I'm considered Italian, Irish and Polish by my family, lol.

So you can understand how dieting can be hard for us :wink: