44-ish and i need some friends to inspire me!

Options
2»

Replies

• A_Valerie
    A_Valerie Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, i have 2 years on you but i just sent you a FR :-D
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 39, married mom of 4 and I have quite a bit of weight to lose still. I never was really "small" but I'm going to try to get small before I turn 40 in March! :flowerforyou:
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I will be 44 next month, feel free to add me!!!
  • amyb293
    amyb293 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen. I'm 48 and just joined the site today. I want to lose 35 pounds. I just can't seem to get motivated and I'm hoping to change that. I need friends and inspiration too! Blessings!
  • mcheather14
    mcheather14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wil be 38 in a few months, feel free to add em as well, I need motivation too! I eat pretty healthy, but there is always room for improvement, and I need to get on that exercise wagon again. I am a very busy mom with 2 teenage daughters that are involved in every sport, event, and group activity at school. I have a lot of "bleacher-butt" time, and I have 2 very bad discs in my lumbar region of my back with facet damage, so gym time is really hard for me because I pay for it for up to a week or more afterwards, even walking hurts which makes my job difficult also. I am comitted to lose a lot of weight, but it will take me quite awhile to accomplish that so if you want to add me, you will most likely "be ahead of me" all the time. That motivates some people to stay ahead of others. I am the turtle in this race :)
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me...in my 40's as well...and gravity has taken over!!! UGH!!!:ohwell:
  • DeniseBarone
    DeniseBarone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, Karen! I'm Denise and I just turned 49, so there! I'd been trying for the longest time to lose the weight that's been slowly creeping upon me since 2008, when I reached an all-time low (for me) of 151.5. That was a pretty good weight for me, but I really wanted to get down to my wedding day weight of 145. But then, after that date, the weight slowly crept up until I reached the horrific number of 167.5 on the scale. Made me miserable, but I kept tellling myself to make the most of myself and eat as healthily as possible. I also tried convincing myself that I looked all right. That was last November, when I topped out at 167.5. Slowly, ever so slowly, I finally managed to lose 7.5 pounds by June of this year.
    Then I discovered that the excrutiating knee pain I was experiencing was actually a bad hip. On the morning of June 19, when I underwent surgery for a hip replacement, I weighed 160.0. I realized that I was going to have to make huge modifications to my eating habits because I wouldn't be able to exercise as vigorously as I was doing right before the surgery. On the day before the surgery, I swam a mile at the YMCA.
    But then the strangest thing happened. For the two weeks I was stuck at home, I ate very carefully and very small portions, and I actually started to lose weight. As I got better, and began exercising again, I tried to remain mindful of how important it was to pay attention to portion size. So I managed to lose another 7.5 pounds in less than a month! That amazed me. At 153.5 I feel so much better about myself and am working to lose the remaining weight, but I'm also deriving as much joy from every day as I can.
  • tkkd
    tkkd Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Theresa I am 43 years old. I have just started on my weight loss journey and recently joined MFP. Looking forward to giving and receiving help. Not sure how the friend thing works but feel free to friend me and I will respond.

Looking forward to taking this journey with everyone.

Thanks

Theresa
  • mgrecord
    mgrecord Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen... I'll be turning 45 in April.. Goal is to lose 20 lbs by then.. And I can definitely use some motivation and friends!. I will send a friend request along!
  • reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you can do it! check out our group
    high intensity interval training
    great people