Booze!!! What can I drink when we go out on the town?

Options
Any suggestions on what is a good beverage to have when out on the town that doesn't have a thousand calories? It is easy for me to find healthy foods, but I really struggle with drinks. I love a good beer, but not all the calories. Any suggestions out there?

Replies

• trisha8283
    trisha8283 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Michalob Ultra light! Not as good as the real thing but has alot less calories...
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    As for beer, if you want to go really light, Bud Select 55 calories or MGD 64. As for liquor, I'd stick with vodka and diet soda or club soda instead of a vodka tonic (tonic has about 70 calories or so).
  • bambi5014
    Options
    sugar free red bull and vodka or diet coke and light rum or vodka. also the new 64 calorie beer isn't that bad, or some of the low-carb beers like michelob ultra
  • backpack
    Options
    I drink Seagram's VO over crushed ice with seltzer.and a lemon. About 85 calories and zero carbs. (I'm low carbing) I have it in a tall glass to make it last longer, dilute the strength of the taste a bit., and it still gets me relaxed.
  • nicholecj
    Options
    I drink Vodka with water and lime juice or cranberry juice myself, sometimes switching it up to diet soda, depending on my mood...but my sister found some coolers, I think their by "growers" and they have Acai Berry and are low calories. But if your not into hard liquor or coolers then there's always the low calorie beer or have a glass of red wine. Just stay away from Rum which is very high in sugar.
  • niftynananancy
    Options
    Take a break from drinking for awhile. You'll have far more energy the day after. I drink 1/2 diet cranberry; 1/2 diet ginger ale or a calorie free lemon lime beverage. Ask server to bring it in a large wine glass and no one will be the wiser!
  • scottekohl
    Options
    There is evidence that red wine promotes fat loss and muscle gain. It's related to the resveratrol compound that is found in wine. 1-2 cups are about all you need for the benefits.

http://www.dayseeker.com/2008/food-for-fast-muscle-growth-and-efficient-fat-burn-01-23.html
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    water
    your brain and your body will thank you :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Me and my sis found Sugar Free Margarita Mix!!! We did that last night and it was 0 cals all around. but tequila packs 65 cals per ounce... Still, I was really buzzed and barely went over my cals... other than that I'm taking shots with diet soda or sugar free energy drink.. :drinker:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a glass or two of red wine. There are about 85 calories in a 4 ounce glass of dry red wine. I'll have a glass of wine and sip it all night!
  • scru10izer
    Options
    There is evidence that red wine promotes fat loss and muscle gain. It's related to the resveratrol compound that is found in wine. 1-2 cups are about all you need for the benefits.

http://www.dayseeker.com/2008/food-for-fast-muscle-growth-and-efficient-fat-burn-01-23.html

1-2 cups? Awesome! I am gonna be so healthy! LOL
  • scru10izer
    Options
    Me and my sis found Sugar Free Margarita Mix!!! We did that last night and it was 0 cals all around. but tequila packs 65 cals per ounce... Still, I was really buzzed and barely went over my cals... other than that I'm taking shots with diet soda or sugar free energy drink.. :drinker:

What is the brand, and where did you find it?