NSV and Scale Victory all in one week!

Options
DesignGrrl
DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
Sooo, 90-ish days into my MFP adventure, and having a couple of weeks of losing the same pound twice... a breakthrough!

On Thursday, one of my bowling league teammates sent me an email that said, " Your workout routine is paying off, I bet you feel great and you're looking great!" This is only a big deal because I would have never expected this person to notice.

Started Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 on Monday. I also increased my calories from 1200 to 1500 this week in an attempt to help me lose, even though I was terrified it'd make me gain. Woke up this morning, and BAM! I was down to 199.5!

I'm out of the 200's AND someone noticed I've lost weight!!

What an AWESOME week!!

Replies

• cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both of your victories!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Truly awesome! Cool NSV, too.
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow, great victories indeed!!!! You are doing terrific, so keep it up! It just don't make logical sense about upping calories to lose, but I am a believer that sometimes it works.
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's funny how your body responds when you feed it when you're supposed to. Upping your calories is just what your body needed. Congratulations on your success NSV and SV!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I didn't believe upping my calories would work, but 1200 wasn't working either! 1200 did work for me since the beginning of May though, and not eating back my exercise. My weight kinda stalled at the end of July doing 30 Day Shred Level 3, and then into the first week of Ripped in 30.

Maybe I just needed more fuel for these workouts (I had been doing 30 minutes elliptical a day before that). Maybe my metabolism is waking up? I can't possibly have enough muscle mass to be making a huge difference... yet! ;)

I also have reeeeeeally started to make a real effort to keep my sodium in green levels and drink at least 10 glasses of water a day.

I guess the takeaway is.. if something isn't working for you, try something else!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!