Hello... I'm new and am in NEED OF SOME SUPPORT!!!

Options
Hi all... My name is Angela... I am new to the site and the whole sticking to a diet/healthy regimend...
I have tried all kinds of things and nothing seems to work... Things here thus far have been okay... Actually seeing what I'm eating and where I need to correct etc... is a great tool... My only problem is that I don't seem to eat enough Calories for the day... I am allowed 1220 but don't need that many... will this affect my outcome if I don't eat all the calories I'm alloted or will it be okay??? Please HELP if you have any advice on this... I average between 800-900 calories a day, sometimes I make 1000...
Thanks in advance for everyones help and support in these matters and concerns!!!! :happy:

Replies

• ricksangel022000
    Options
    Hi all... My name is Angela... I am new to the site and the whole sticking to a diet/healthy regimend...
    I have tried all kinds of things and nothing seems to work... Things here thus far have been okay... Actually seeing what I'm eating and where I need to correct etc... is a great tool... My only problem is that I don't seem to eat enough Calories for the day... I am allowed 1220 but don't need that many... will this affect my outcome if I don't eat all the calories I'm alloted or will it be okay??? Please HELP if you have any advice on this... I average between 800-900 calories a day, sometimes I make 1000...
    Thanks in advance for everyones help and support in these matters and concerns!!!! :happy:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    WElcome and good luck.
  • stacivanzant
    Options
    It might be helpful to eat the recommended calories but to make sure you are working out as well. When you work out this helps to boost your metabolism (especially if you do light weight lifting as a part of the workout. Muscle helps you to burn fat and therefore increases metabolism). Also...when your body is not getting enough calories it goes into "starvation" mode which will slow down the metabolism. It is all a balancing act...tricky but you can do it! Good luck to you! :)
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    First of all welcome:flowerforyou:
    Secondly, EAT your calories, under 1200 consumed will cause starvation mode in your body and you will NOT lose any weight. I know this sounds crazy and probably not like anything you have heard before but take it from those of us that have been here a while. EAT to LOSE, and eat your exercise calories on top of your base too!!
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    welcome! :flowerforyou:

you must, must, must eat all of your calories everyday!!! this cannot be stressed enough. a caloric intake of less than 1200 calories will result in your body going into "starvation mode". it will seriously mess with your metabolism and make it much easier to gain weight back.

you should check out this post, i hope it helps!!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions?page=1
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    8-900 cals a day is simply not enough. period. You need to eat all of your calories and all of your excercise calories as well. Geez, I get to my 1200 and I just WANT MORE! so I don't see how 800 can be satisfying you?
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    You have 94 to lose. You may be okay with 1000 a day to start, but you have to watch yourself carefully to make sure you don't go into that "starvation mode" everyone is talking about. If you stop losing weight, you will have to
    and this is the hardest mind blowing part ---- UP your calorie intake. Once you up that intake, expect to gain a pound or two back, but hang in there. There are almost countless examples of people on here who can testify to you that upping your calories will work.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    You have 94 to lose. You may be okay with 1000 a day to start, but you have to watch yourself carefully to make sure you don't go into that "starvation mode" everyone is talking about. If you stop losing weight, you will have to
    and this is the hardest mind blowing part ---- UP your calorie intake. Once you up that intake, expect to gain a pound or two back, but hang in there. There are almost countless examples of people on here who can testify to you that upping your calories will work.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Be sure you are counting your calories correctly. Measure & check the weight of what you are eating, you might not be logging the correct amount.

Wishing you the best :smile:
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    it's best that you consume atleast 1200 calories or your body will go into starvation mode and you'll end up over eating
  • robynlee
    robynlee Posts: 13
    Options
    I can never eat as many calories as it says I need too. I constantly work out and sometimes my calorie intake is 2000 but I average 1000 a day. I'm a normally petite person and eat healthy most of the times (everyone has to break down and eat a chocolate bar once in a while) and also eat in smaller portions. Everyone is different and if you don't feel yourself that your starving don't force yourself to eat!!

I've gone down from a size 6 to a size 0! (just found that when I bought a new skirt from a&f last weekend!!)