Hardly any loss in two weeks:(

Options
Hiya All,

I have only loss a pound in the last two weeks.

I am really annoyed, as I have been very active and mostly within my calories.

Any advice?

Should I reduce my carbs?

Sandrea

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I lost weight like a champ after I came out of Atkins Induction, and even though my weight loss is back to being annoyingly slow now, I stay in ketosis because it helps somewhat with cravings.

But transitioning to something like Atkins can be a bit rough at first (carb flu!) so you might want to read up on carb flu and check out Atkins websites for info on what to eat, or Paleo sites, or South Beach, or whatever one you want to try. If you didn't already, of course!
  • MJEekhoff
    Options
    What did you expect to lose in one or two weeks? 10 pounds? 5 pounds? Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    1 lb in two weeks really isn't bad. As long as that scale keeps moving downwards, you're doing great. You could probably speed it up (at least temporarily) by cutting carbs, but there will always be slow weeks. Also, for most women your period can make your weight higher (due to bloating) for up to 10 days, so if you're going to be getting it soon, take what the scale says with a grain of salt.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It happens sometimes. Weight loss is never linear, and the scale is the most imprecise way to track progress. Too many different things affect that number: sodium, exercise, hormones, how much you've been drinking, how much you've been sweating, whether or not you have food in your intestines.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hiya All,

I have only loss a pound in the last two weeks.

I am really annoyed, as I have been very active and mostly within my calories.

Any advice?

Should I reduce my carbs?

Sandrea

1/2 lb a week doesn't sound bad to me, it is a loss. Weightloss goes in fits and spurts - I can go 2weeks without the scale showing a loss and then suddenly drop 3lbs according to the scale.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i think people forget that 3500 calories a pound. i know i FORGOT that. and i was like wow only 3lbs in a month well 3500*3 is 10,500 calories so that was a lot and i knew that my defecit and exercise didn't burn more than that so that helped me settle.
  • asticoral
    Options
    Hi Sandrea, I peeked at two days of your diary and your eating a rather limiting field of carbs... your body needs protein, fruits, veggies and carbs. I'd suggest rounding out the diary to include the fiber category as well as keeping an eye on the sodium level.
    Don't forget to drink plenty of water!
  • Sandrea1981
    Sandrea1981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound last week and nothing this week.
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Its about long-term consistency and not getting frustrated. Stick with your regimen and you'll see progress over time. Sometimes it takes a while for you to see results, and getting frustrated early on is the best way to derail your long-term plans. 1-2 pounds per week is healthy (52 pounds over the course of a year), and you are statistically more likely to put the weight back on over the course of a year if you lose much more than that anyway.

Focus on diet, sleep and activity and you'll start seeing results and be able to push through slow points... and you'll be better able to maintain those results.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    you eat a LOT of carbs. i don't see your sodium intake but it looks like it would be up the roof. then i see you eat between 1800-2300 calories a day doesn't seem like you have a deficit at all. you need to create a deficit to lose something and at 2300 calories its like eating normally you can't lose eating that much without exercise. also you lack protein and fruits and veggies. saw that you drink a lot of frappes too. didn't see anything healthy. if you want to make a change you really have to make changes. you can't eat 2300 calories a day not workout and eat chocolate and frappes and expect to lose a pound every week.

just my honest opinion which is what i think you want.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I went about 3 months on MFP before I started to lose any weight. I had to get all the refined carbs out of my diet (bread, cereal, pasta, rice, crackers, potatoes, and sugar) and increase my protein and fiber intake to make the scale move in a downward direction.

Well, most of the time the refined carbs are gone. I still indulge in those kinds of foods once a week or so. I'm in this for the long haul, so I can't cut everything out.
  • chloebarge
    chloebarge Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You just have to be patient. In the last two weeks i only lost 1lb and then this week i was down 2lbs. Now i dont have as much weight to lose i find it stays the same for ages then suddenly goes down instead of constantly decreasing like it used to. As long as you are eating right and exercising you will lose weight, just keep at it and dont get disheartened x
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Your calorie goal does seem a bit high for faster loss, unless you're tall or very active all day.

As another person said, I also suspect you get too much sodium, which can make you hold on to water-weight.
    I see high calorie coffee beverages and more than the occasional treat... Maybe try to replace some of the sugary and salty treats with more fruits and veggies.
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    At least its a loss which is good, could be water weight try taking measurements but keep on going its better than gaining!
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you eat a LOT of carbs. i don't see your sodium intake but it looks like it would be up the roof. then i see you eat between 1800-2300 calories a day doesn't seem like you have a deficit at all. you need to create a deficit to lose something and at 2300 calories its like eating normally you can't lose eating that much without exercise. also you lack protein and fruits and veggies. saw that you drink a lot of frappes too. didn't see anything healthy. if you want to make a change you really have to make changes. you can't eat 2300 calories a day not workout and eat chocolate and frappes and expect to lose a pound every week.

just my honest opinion which is what i think you want.

I was thinking the same exact thing! You can't have frappes and chocolate and not workout. It almost looks like your sugar levels and sodium would be out of control. Try tracking that in your daily planner. Also, how much water are you consuming on a daily basis? Try looking at your NET calories how much your body has a day after exercise. Get it over 1200 for your NET.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the weeks you lose nothing and are frustrated are followed up by a week where you lose more than you feasibly should have. That usually comes down to water, hormones, and factors like that. Stay the course a little longer, and if you continue maintaining for another week or two, then reevaluate.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    PS: This is less about weight and more about how I feel--when I eat more protein and fewer carbs (but not low carb,) I feel more energetic and more focused. Reducing carbs a bit may help you if you are feeling at all sluggish or if your workouts have less oomph.