"Saving" my calories for drinking tonight... is that bad?

Options
Plan is to eat just enough carbs and protein to help manage the alcohol intake but beyond that... saving for the beer and whiskey tasting that I'm hosting. Then lots of water... always hydrate and the next day goes so much better.

Is that a bad thing?

What would you "save" your calories for?

Cheers :drinker:

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Well it is not optimal but once in a while not dramatic.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem if you don't do it every week. I save most of my calories for one big meal. I like feeling full.
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I support this entirely!
    Cheers, sir, and "taste" some Macallan for me, if you would be so kind.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Journo school reunion on Monday and I am heading to Tortilla first for a naked burrito so doing the same. Protein breakfast and allowing myself a night if indulgence and seeing some of my besties ...
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i have lost 30lbs and i save my calories for the weekend. ill save it for alcohol or for baked goods or w.e i want to eat. we need to live a little! its awesome that you have them saved rather than eating up to ur calorie goal and going over it by consuming alcohol. i say great job on having them saved and spend them the way you like. odviously something u don't want to do every single weekend getting wasted lol.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Well I did that the other night. Granted I am a girl and on the smaller side. I got really really really really wasted because I was basically drinking on an empty stomach. So be careful about that... just take the drinking slow...
    And stick with calorie free mixers.I get a vodka soda with a splash of cranberry and a lime which is around 70 calories and really good.
    have fun!
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did it last night. I feel no shame and I was still under my calorie goal.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I do this! I do try to have at least 1200 calories of "real food" so that I am not nutritionally starving my body, then work out a little so that I have enough calories! Usually I end up with a bigger deficit than I expect (like last night).
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    I've done it.
    I'll eat healthy and still workout that day, but what I would normally use for an extra snack or dessert, I would use towards alcohol. lol.

I don't do it all the time, but I have before.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Cheers Mr DangerSassafrass.

i do it every few weeks.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    *waves* Hi Mr. Sass!
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    *waves* Hi Mr. Sass!

Right back at ya. Love the profile pic. Mr. Sass... nice ring to it.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it once in a while!

Hey, I'm British, I think I lived off alcohol during my university days :smile:
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    Cheers Mr DangerSassafrass.

i do it every few weeks.

Cheers to you.

"do it every few weeks"... still talking about drinking?

... hmm... "Mr. DangerSassafrass"... maybe I should make that a new thread for grins?

Mr. Sass or Mr. DangerSass... or now, Mr. DangerSassafrass?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm alllll for saving calories for booze. :drinker: Wooooot!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    What time should I be there and can I bring anything? :drinker:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Mr Sassypants.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Topic: "Saving" my calories for drinking tonight... is that bad?
    i have a school reunion tonight and am doing that exact thing.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    I laughed when I read the title of this topic because I was wondering the same thing. Since getting started at MFP last week I've become a bit of a shut in and haven't had a single drink. Tonight there's a party I really want to go to, and I've been saving my calories for the booze. Unfortunately I'm more of a beer drinker, so more likely to go over my calorie count if I over indulge. I guess the bottom line is, "Everything in moderation - even moderation." :)
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mr Sassypants.

My personal favorite!