Can you please check my diary.

Options
I have gained for the last couple of days, went from 202.4 to 202.8 and then today 203.0. I am within my calories but I have been guilty of having a small breakfast, missing lunch and then having a large dinner. I am probably answering my own question but I would be grateful if you could take a look back t it.

Many thanks

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1. You're diary's not set to public
    2. those weight fluctuations are TINY - nothing to worry about.
  • kazdav
    kazdav Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did set my diary to public before I wrote the post, aha but I may have made my profile public thinking that released my diary, will go back and. Heck. Thanks for the response.
  • kazdav
    Options
    Diary now public. Thanks
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree that the weight fluctuations are minor and nothing to worry about, that being said I would recommend drinking water... Most days had no water listed and 1 day only had 2 cups. I find I lose a lot more weight when I drink more water.
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the few pounds....these things happen. However, skipping meals is the kiss of death. You also want to go for QUALITY as well as QUANTITY. Bacon has a lot of sodium and can make you retain fluids.
  • 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    I find eating little and often works for me - my day is split over 6 meals (3 of which are snacks) and drink plenty of water. You dont mention how much moving about you are doing - but as the poster before said, its not a massaive weight gain. Personally I dont tend to eat that amount of meat in one day - but its personal choice. I hope some of the advice posted will help you. :wink:
  • bakz4
    bakz4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    There are several things I noticed:
    Water consumption?
    No exercise?
    Fruits?
    Veggies?

I see a lot of complex carbohydrates (rice, pasta, etc). Just because you are "allowed" to eat 1500 calories, doesn't mean they should be filled with sweets.

Don't skip meals. Try to eat at regular times, and have snacks in between. Those snacks should be protein or fiber filled (nuts, veggies, fruit, etc), not ice cream, chocolate, etc.

As others have said, don't worry about the small gains, start moving more and you'll see the scale move!! Good luck.
  • kazdav
    Options
    I am not a big fruit eater I admit, today though I did have a banana. I do eat a lot of pasta and rice and I have to have a desert (it has replaced cigarettes).

I do drink water just don't always make a note although I don't drink loads as in 8 glasses per day. I do drink 3 or 4 cups of tea over the day as a way to stave off hunger, made with a dash of skim milk. Sometime I do make a note of them.

I think the school holidays don't help as we get up later, have late breakfast and then nothing till dinner. Same again today, although lunch was the banana.

I have been following Slimming World principles but trying to keep it within the calorie count.

I have given myself a smack for skipping meals as I do know that this is a no no.
  • jshort152
    Options
    Idk what people are saying but skipping meals will NOT make you gain weight, nor slow your metabolism if within 24 hours, that is the dumbest thing I've heard. Just drink more water and watch your sodium levels, sodium retains water weight and the more water you have the more it can move fat to be converted to energy, hope this helps!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF EVERY DAY!!! A person's weight can fluctuate up to 5 lbs a day or more!! This is because of fluid and other factors. You will only succeed in driving yourself nuts by weighing every day. Then most people who do this give up on weight loss. Do you really want to be in that category?
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have gained for the last couple of days, went from 202.4 to 202.8 and then today 203.0. I am within my calories but I have been guilty of having a small breakfast, missing lunch and then having a large dinner. I am probably answering my own question but I would be grateful if you could take a look back t it.

Many thanks

Also, you should have your largest meal at breakfast and smallest meal at dinner, and try not to skip meals; it's a bad habit.
  • AFitJamie
    AFitJamie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Idk what people are saying but skipping meals will NOT make you gain weight, nor slow your metabolism if within 24 hours, that is the dumbest thing I've heard. Just drink more water and watch your sodium levels, sodium retains water weight and the more water you have the more it can move fat to be converted to energy, hope this helps!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

I would strongly support what Jesse is saying here. The fluctuations you are seeing may be the result of a number of things, but if you are eating at at reasonable target and estimating your calorie intake correctly, then you can be pretty confident that increases are not the result of adding fat. ... I'd suggest you ...step... away.... from... the... scale.... :) for a week or so...

Good luck
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One of the best things about this site is that you can review your food log and see where you could make little tweaks. Good luck!